PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2012
Here is a recipe I have kept secret for 35 years. No reason to keep it secret anymore. I am way too old to open another restaurant ( I have opened many for other people). One part freshly grated blue cheese, one part mayonnaise, one part sour cream or plain yogurt. Add a little milk, a very small amount of vinegar and some Worcestershire sauce & mix. It should just have enough milk to make it not too dense. Be careful to not overdo the vinegar. It also is a good dip, without the milk. If you try it please let me know what you think.

Aug 14, 2012
Igloo & Roth: I like Maytag blue. I have never tried it with roquefort, but it should be good. Very little L&P sauce.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I make some thing like this but use buttermilk. Any blue cheese, Gorgonzola works nicely.

Aug 14, 2012
You can also use feta cheese, but blue is better. I used to run a private men's club. Not a topless bar, but a real club. The chef was the best I ever worked with. He loved the recipe with blue and also with just feta, and kept both versions on the menu.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I've always found that Blue Cheese Dressing was a little sharp. This recipe sound interesting. Rob didn't tell me what a great site this was!
~ Mrs. P

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks Foggy, really nice of you to share - my wife is a home chef - loves to cook. I'm going to share this with her and will let you know once we try it.
I've always found that Blue Cheese Dressing was a little sharp. This recipe sound interesting. Rob didn't tell me what a great site this was!
He didn't?! I'm always telling my wife what a great place this is. :puffy:

Aug 14, 2012
I use Stoneyfield Farm nonfat yogurt. I tried it once with Greek yogurt but didn't like it as much. It was still good though. Use whatever plain yogurt you have. I prefer it with half sour cream & half yogurt.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
Thanks foggy. I love homemade dressing. I must try this very soon.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
foggy,

This looks like a great recipe. I filed it away. Thanks for the contribution!

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
Looks like we're making this tonight for some buffalo chicken salads. Sounds like a great recipe Foggy.

B

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
We both loved it! The perfect balance of everything. Just enough sharpness, tang, a little sweetness, and plenty of flavor. I did half and half on the yogurt/sour cream like you prefer. Definately something we will make many more times. So delicious, and so simple. Thanks for sharing this Foggy.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.