PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I am about to order some more tobacco and was wondering what tobaccos you guys would suggest that are around $20-$25 a pound bulk or less.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Check the Peter Stokkebye tobaccos at pipesandcigars.com and smokingpipes.com. Both super merchants!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Peter Stokkebye Blends are hard to beat , a lot of bang for the buck . Smoke what you can afford and like what you smoke .

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Oh I thought i saw 1Q for $25 or $26 a lb on one of the sponsors but I could be wrong.
To be honest Irish I have only tried PA, CBW, Borkum Riff Whiskey (I believe that was it with the ship on the pouch), Indian Summer, Name That Blend by milantobacco.com, and a local cherry blend my B&M sold in Dallas. I am looking for a good cheap everyday smoke that doesn't bite or taste like crap. Worse comes to worse I can always just fall back on PA as I really enjoy it.
Thanks for the heads up Igloo I will have to check that out. I am Aldo looking forward to the second box pass as I can try a few blends from there. Since I only have a small stash I will only take out as much as I can replace minus a little to be fair. I might throw a pipe in too though as I just bought more lol. I was in the market for another bent bob an there was one in a lot of 7 for $24 shipped so in theory I saved $8 and got 6 free pipes.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm throwing my hat in the Peter Stokkebye bulk blend (smoke?) ring. Great tasting, but affordable blends that seem to have something for everyone...
-Jason

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
PS Swiss is a nice clean smoke that is easy on the tonuge.Nougat is thier number one seller .http://www.peterstokkebye.com

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Hey Igloo which ones exactly should I be looking for? PS Swiss and PS Nougat right? I had a hard time navigating the site.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Nouggat is a silver series at the bottom of the page . Lil Browns smoke shop still has the Swiss . I quess I had better get some Swiss for the cellar . Damn the luck now I have to buy more tobacco . I was just getting over my TAD with the help of a good Psychologist .

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Haha I suppose then that Swiss is now retired? And too bad about the TAD, it gets the best of us sometimes haha.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Well I bought two more box/pouches of PA for $3 each at the local walmart and a pouch of CBW for $6 (I don't know if that was a good deal on that one though). I won't be buying anymore for a while and I may purchase a can of PA as it is priced at $29 for 14 ounces.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
I just bought 14 oz. tubs of Carter Hall and Prince Albert for about $29.00 apiece.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Something you might consider is the Altadis Galleria blends. I can get them locally and find them quite pleasing .

Their Fox & Hound is a nice mild english blend and the Rum and Maple is one that my wife actually wants me to smoke in the house!

Then again, you just cant go wrong with PA!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hey Wallbright,

I could buy it online, but I want to support my local pipe shoppe.

For me, helping to keep The Briary on its feet, is worth the extra coin.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions guys I will definitely look into some of those brands.
I agree Pstlpkr, I enjoy supporting my local B&M. Though, the owner is a wise ass but that is why I like him so much haha. However, I am up in Arkansas for school and the only shops around here are head shops or Indian smoke shops that only sell cigarettes and chew. I have not been to look for pipe tobacco and I doubt I will. All this to say that I would support my local B&M but the closest one is 50 minutes away and that is too far for me to drive for pipe tobacco IMHO. However, I will go up there and hangout and buy a few tins every now and then. It is just more convenient during the school year to order online. I wish there was a good B&M near by but I doubt it would do well in such a small town especially with the Indian smoke shops all around.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Wallbright, next time you're in Little Rock, there is a nice tobacco and cigar store on South University. It's my go to store for some good tobacco and they have a huge pipe inventory. Their Wilshire is their No. 1 seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.