PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been hearing about Mike Butera ever since I got into pipes. He is considered one of the best carvers in the world and is supposed to make some of the best smoking pipes one could ever own. Well after watching this one all week. I won the auction and now have a Butera coming to me. it is the size and shape I love and I am hoping it smokes as well as everyone says.

rmsbbut1.jpg

rmsbbut3.jpg

rmsbbut4.jpg

rmsbbut7.jpg

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
That is a good looking pipe. I dont beleive I ever heard of this carver, gonna have to look him up!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys for the nice comments. Mike Butera some consider to be "America's greatest pipe maker". Here is some info on him.
http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Mike_Butera
Since he hardly makes pipes anymore his work is difficult to find most times. It seems though someone is selling off their collection of Butera's because I have seen a few from one seller in the last few weeks. I consider myself pretty lucky to get one at the price I did. Now here's hoping the pipe lives up to the reputation.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Well this baby got here around noon and I am on my second bowl of Fribourg & Treyer Cut Virginia Plug and it tastes great. This thing smokes itself practically. It is light and extremely comfortable for clenching. What is really makes this thing great is that there is absolutely not a hint of a gurgle, which is almost impossible here in 90 percent humidity here in Florida. I took the pipe out a few time when walking the dogs and it will not gurgle. There are only 2 other pipes in my collection that can say that, my new Rad Davis and my Former. To me this says, the pipe is drilled perfectly and that even adverse weather conditions cannot make it smoke wet. Now most of my pipes smoke nice and dry inside, but invariably when I take them outside, I will need a pipe cleaner once or twice. I am extremely happy with this purchase and will be on the look out for more. This is one of the best pipes I have ever smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.