PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
So reading a few tobacco reviews I frequently see the term "all day smoke" used. I did a quick search of the forum with this term and couldn't find a post.
So worldly pipe smokers, what's your definition of this term?

What is your all day smoke?

How many times a day are you smoking this all day smoke? All day? LOL. Just kidding.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That one can be subject to individual taste. An all day smoke is a blend that one finds pleasant enough to smoke multiple times per day. I have several but will mention Black Frigate, Old Dark Fired, Black XX Twist, Angler's Dream, and Yenidje Highlander. I only smoke two to three bowls per day.

tavol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2018
I drink the same coffee day in and day out but the idea of smoking the same blend all day seems wrong :?:

bluto

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2018
Your wife and / or significant other is an all day smoke
I don't know what 1792 is

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I'm starting to believe that. I've got Autumn Evening mixed with Bold Kentucky burning right now and am still having a hard time waking up. More espresso!

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It is a term that depends on the individual pipe smoker I think. I couldn't smoke anything all day, that's just me though. But I think its something a little more mild that's managable all day.
I'm sure there are folks out there who smoke Irish Flake all day and are perfectly functional in their daily lives.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I think maybe some people confuse "all day smoke" with "every day smoke"
For me, being a very light smoker, an all day smoke could very well mean a single bowl smoked on and off through the day, maybe 10 minutes at a time. An every day smoke is a blend that you would enjoy every day but not necessarily as the only blend you might smoke that day.
Being an infrequent smoker at about only one bowl a day, I don't have an every day smoke, but all the blends in my rotation become all day smokes :)

Chasingembers lists tobaccos that I wouldn't think of as all day smokers, but I guess it goes to show how tastes are different. I think of tobaccos that don't heavily tax my tastebuds or mouth or nicotine levels. Chasing seems to be totally immune to nicotine, ha ha. After smoking anything he just listed, I would be left with an aftertaste from either the heavy use condimental leaf, strong tobaccos, or the flavorings. I do like all of those, but I wouldn't chain smoke any of them.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
It even has its own pipe.
002-203-1350.jpg

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That it is. Picked it up a few years ago when I got my first tin of Black XX, and after discovering how that one ghosted, it's been dedicated ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.