PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Watch City Cigar has released a Christmas Blend called The 4th Nun

From the website-"Sister Mary Ignite-us...the 4th Nun (and patroness of Pipe Tobacco!). A while ago some pipesters online ferreted out the original 3 Nuns Pre-WW2 Recipe. We took this as a challenge. although lacking the equipment necessary to create "Curly Cut" tobacco, this rough ribbon mixture utilizes the exact same ingredients and process as the venerable original. This is a very Danish-esque mixture of Burley, Bright Virginia, Perique and a small amount of what the original recipe calls "Manufactured Perique"- A cavendish processed virginia with Rum and Anise oil."
Anyone try it yet?

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Glad I bought some when I did! Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll post a short review next week.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
I bought some a few days ago. Looking forward to it but will not get a chance to sample until after Christmas.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I do smoke three Watch City Blends. I smoke 558 (the perfect VaPer, IMHO), Old Dominion (a good VaPer) and Churchwarden (a very good English).
I've been very, very satisfied and have added 2 pounds of 558 recently, BUT it's my understanding the FDA bs has taken its toll on their blends.
I'd happily try 4th Nun, but when I checked they were out.
I really like the way the flakes come. The are big, thick crumble cake flakes. They prep super easy and kinda look like dark granola or maybe grape nuts, which is essentially a rubbed out cube cut.
I heartily recommend them.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ernie at Watch City is a great blender. I've reviewed fifteen of his blends and all but one (which got two stars) got either three or four stars from me.
I wish I could have gotten some 4th Nun, as the original Three Nuns is my all time favorite smoke, and I used to smoke four or five bowls of it every day. I wonder how close he came to the original?

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
A big thanks to csharp who showed up at the New York pipe show with a sample of this for me. Very thoughtful. I'll be enjoying a bowl of this with my buddy who smoked the original back in the day.

csharp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2015
@shaintiques -It was a pleasure to meet you and to be able to get you that sample. I hope you and your buddy enjoy it. You do allot for others so I wanted to do something for you.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You guys know where the term "Three Nuns" came from, right? It's an old joke:
A flasher approaches three nuns on a bench and whips open his trenchcoat.
The first nun had a stroke.
The second nun had a stroke.
The third nun couldn't reach...

Status
Not open for further replies.