Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Lori, my girlfriend, and I went to Seattle last week. We stayed downtown and did the tourist thing for a couple of days, but the main impetus for traveling across the country was that I was invited to give the keynote address for The Annual Seattle Pipe Club Dinner.
We had a total blast! I asked Lori to write the report for two reasons. 1. She is a great writer, and 2. I think these reports come out better when they are written with the enthusiasm of someone experiencing a pipe event like this for the first time.
Check it out -

The 14th Annual Seattle Pipe Club Dinner

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Kevin (I mean Calvin!):
Wyfbane's thread here was titled "Seattle Pipe Club and Our Own Kevin Godbee!" If you click on his username, and then check the list of topics which he started you will find that it is the sixth one down from the top.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hi hi!
Sorry I posted our pic from my phone so it is 90 degrees off.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/seattle-pipe-club-and-our-own-kevin-godbee

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Outstanding report! I loved seeing all of those photos of the Seattle area and I know you both had a great time. I was fortunate to be invited to be the Seattle Pipe Club's guest speaker last year, and thoroughly enjoyed my visit. In fact, after seeing all those great photos Lori posted and getting the great report from her, I got homesick for the Guss gang, etc.

I’m sure Kevin wowed ‘em, and thanks again for sharing!
Pipestud

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Steve,
I wish I had been there to meet you last year, since you get the lion's share of my disposable income...
:rofl:

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Well wyfbane... thanks! :D
My wife thanks you, too. The Lion's share of my income (both disposable and non-disposable), goes to her. :(
Pipestud

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
This is such a wonderful look into a rare event. I know it is annual to the Seattle club, but a pipe event this large is truly what dreams are made of. Thank you for sharing the experience

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I really enjoyed the write-up..looks like you guys had a fantastic time...Lori did a wonderful job, I really enjoyed her take on the entire trip. Thanks for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.