PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I was smoking my Kirsten, and it fell out of my mouth. Luckily I caught it, but I dumped out all the baccy. I'm just glad I didn't drop it since I have the meer bowl on it

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Dang I've done that too. Now that Kirsten isnt making pipes at the moment, that would have been a very bad fall.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Now that Kirsten isnt making pipes at the moment, that would have been a very bad fall.

The stem would have been fine. Worst case scenario it would have gotten a scratch. It was the bowl I was worried about. I had the meer bowl on it. It would have most likely broken or cracked.

jeffboyrd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2012
I did this while driving a few years ago, the lit pipe was stuck between my seat and the center console. It's a good thing I was on a dirt road and able to stop quickly enough before anything really badhappened. As the pipe fell, some lit tobaccy landed on my bird chaps and burned a quarter size hole in the thigh. The hole is still there today and often gets asked about when I am in the field.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Dropped a gourd calabash the first day I got it. Bowl cracked right in half. Glued 'er back, been smoking it since. The crack is there to remind me the cost of my clumsiness.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I do not consider myself any kind of expert on pipes even though I've been smoking them for about 50 years - but I have never been able to figure out the purpose of a briar bowl with a meer lining.

If it's the meer you want - why not buy a meer, and vice versa for the briar. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.