Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
As I was out and about this afternoon enjoying a pipe along the way and it occurred to me that some of us may have that one blend that we love but doesn't quite fit in the profile of everything we smoke.
I love my regular go to nic driven strong flakes, lat bombs, and recently even some Lakeland stuff. And even though I'm not really a fan of aros (despite giving many of them a chance) I can not get enough of Scotty's Butternut Burley. I could wake up in the morning and grab a pipe off the night stand and start smoking it. The stuff burns great, has a nice light sweetness with no bite, a killer room note, and is fairly inexpensive. Although it's doesn't fit in the profile of all my other tobaccos, I'll always keep some coming in my P&C orders.
So what's yours?

drrock

Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Uhle's Raider Blend.

Didn't care for most cherry blends I've tried in the distant past and not big on Latakia blends but Raider Blend is a great example of the whole being greater than the sum of the parts. Really tasty and I was surprised I liked it.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
One of my biggest and most pleasant surprises was Two Friends' English Chocolate. I was concerned when my tobacconist suggested a lat blend with chocolate but I was smitten from first light. It's part of my daily rotation now. I should have known better since the owner of the B&M has nevr steered me wrong in 21 years.

flakyjakey

Lifer
Aug 21, 2013
I am a flake/plug/rope man, but surprisingly (to me at least) I have greatly enjoyed GLP's Maltese Falcon and Odyssey sent to me recently by a friend. I never thought I would smoke, let alone enjoy, a tinned ribbon-cut !! LOL

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
Hmmm yes I have to admit an affinity to black cordial. Love the way it smells burns and tastes.

dryseason91

Can't Leave
Oct 10, 2013
Dublin, Ireland
I bought some James Fox Squires on a whim, and though it's peculiar purple stuff and gets a bit of a ragging on tobaccoreviews I'm definitely coming around to it. It has about it a quaint and charming haze of wigs and guineas and plum-cheeked country gentlemen.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Walnut. The only baccy I have with Latakia. That'll change though, I plan on ordering Bald Headed Teacher from 4noggins soon.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Altadis Fox and Hound. I like Dunhill MM 965 and Nat Sherman 536, but for a low-key

English blend, Fox and Hound has a relaxed, mild flavor.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm with roth (again) on the McClelland 221B Series: Black Shag. It's totally unlike anything else I smoke.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.