PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I was jarring up the last bit of my Tinderbox Blend, "Wafflehouse" tonight and I felt a twinge. When I got it from the store, they said that it was the last of the original blend they were going to have. Unbeknownst to me, McClelland's VBC formed the backbone of the blend and I got some of the very last stuff. I smelled their latest attempt at a replacement and it was definitely off.
I just got that twinge you get when one of our blends is going away. It was a surprise because I thought I had dealt with the last lingering effects of McClelland closing and this was like a flick in the nuts... just one last time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm dawdling along with my remaining McClellands, the last partial jar of 5100, and various tins including two tall unopened tins. I figure if I don't smoke it all up in the grieving period, and have some good experiences with other blends in the meantime, I can enjoy them fully and smoke the last of it with a kindly sense of farewell.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I just got that twinge you get when one of our blends is going away.

That twinge leads to direct reflex wherein body and brain directly connects to an online vender and my credit card somehow gets used.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No twinge here. Still smoking McClelland blends on a daily basis, and when they are finally gone, I'll just move on to something else.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've had too many favorites come and go. It's all just tobacco to me now. Another favorite is always out there.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Gotta concur, Duane. Favorites come & they go, like TV shows. I was watching a season 2 ep of House this afternoon & remembered how much I loved it. Got it "cellared" on DVD so I have it any time. And I've got Black Frigate IRL, so today got both past & present. Next season, who knows??

Status
Not open for further replies.