Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Do any of you have a pipe that has some magic to it where everything you smoke in it tastes better than it does in any other pipe?
I have two.
Ardor Giove Ninfea - 114 (YS)
kevins-ardor-600x410.jpg

Blandings Collection Pipe by Craig Cooper
blandings-04.jpg

The Ardor was $400 and is an awesome pipe. However, the Blandings Collection Pipe is a two piece collectors set, numbered, limited edition, and the per pipe cost is half of the Ardor, plus you get other free goodies with it.
You can read more about it here - The Blandings Collection

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I suppose that my "magic pipe " Would have to be a Barlings sandblast billiard I got not long ago. Just works well with anything.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I have one, which I also acquired not long ago. It is a Peterson sterling mounted apple that by the hallmark is from 1977, that I purchased from mattia! This pipe brings out the best in every blend, and hasn't given me a single bad smoke.

stacen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2011
Mine so far is a Pete as well, a shannon 150 (bulldog) a great smoke every time and i use it probably every other day. I smoke VAPERS and aros in it and i actually love the light ghosting from previous bowls, this is by far my best smoker, I do have one pipe i haven't smoked yet that looks like it is going to be fantastic, it is absolulty perfectly drilled. - everything dead center- I hope it matches my current favorite!!!

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Medico Jet Stream. It's the perfect size pipe for me, comfortable, small bowl, and I haven't had a bad smoke in my two main ones yet. Now I just need to finish the restoration on the other dozen i have in the closet...

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
My 1st "magic pipe" tends to be my Rinaldo Bent Rhodesian. I've smoked everything shy of an aromatic in it so far and it just gets better and always gives a great smoke to the end.

dsc00034-600x450.jpg

My 2nd is an SMS meerschaum with a briar stummel and a meer bowl

sms-meerschaum_briar-600x450.jpg

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Good question. I don't really think I have a pipe that makes everything taste better than other pipes, but I do have ones that make certain types of blends taste better than in others.

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
My Peterson bent Molly Malone is my magic pipe. Everything I smoke in it magically has more flavor. I am kind of afraid that I will some day put one to many different kind of tobacco in it that it will turn bad, but until that day I will enjoy every bowl.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
For me it's this one. A Bjarne free hand I think it's simply because the drought hole is bigger and the chamber is bigger than my others. Although my meerschaum is running a close second..
dsc_2178-600x401.jpg

colesradioactive

Might Stick Around
Apr 3, 2012
My "magic" pipe would have to be my '78 group 2 tanshell Dunhill Dublin. Even tho it's a smaller pipe and doesn't have very thick walls, it still smokes cool and I seem to just get that extra flavor out of every blend. My Rad Davis is definitely a close close second. So close that I think after I put a few more bowls thru it, it may slide into first place

Status
Not open for further replies.