PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
In the process of experimenting with aging tobaccos I first accidentally realized how much it can improve on its taste and characteristics of the smoke. The first "aged"(only 2 or 3 mths mind you) was just a catch all jar that got filled and set off to the back and overlooked as less desirable. During a cash stressed time I opened it up and found myself drawn to it more and more.
Now as I experiment to find a mixture I want to age which will be distinctive and unique to my tastes I began to add perique to the mixtures. This came about because I noticed a bit of perique altered the smoke slighted towards the "aged" tastes. Now I find myself smoking more perique blends than latakia. I am even trading some Pirate Kake for some Va/Per which would have never happened a few months ago. I even found the known lat bomb Pirate Kake displeasing almost. A few months ago when I sniffed the blending perique it smelled like dog poop! I feel my taste preferences are really making a strange transition these days.
I cant explain it other than "the search for that aged tobacco flavor".

beerandbaccy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 22, 2015
UK
Although I know little about aged tobacco, being a bit of a newbie to pipe smoking, I think it shows what an interesting and deep world we are all interested in. My career in wine and craft beer with all the ageing that goes on and development of flavours has showed me the amazingly complex and interesting world there is. It pleases and excites me that pipe tobacco shows these attributes too, and I am so glad that I and all of us on this message-board get to appreciate this.

Status
Not open for further replies.