PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Friday night I was at a end of the school year party, I work for the local school district, and as we guys were talking the subject got around to cigars and pipes. As the guys talked cigars I could not add much to the discussion, but when it turned to pipes it was my time to shine. I was able to impart much of the wisdom that I have learned here to several of the younger men (younger meaning recent college graduates) about how to properly pack a bowl, what to look for in a new pipe (they all had only smoked MM cobs which of course I let them know was an excellent place to start), and shared with them about the different pipe tobaccos. For that hour I was the almighty sage pipe smoking rockstar. Thank you for helping get to a place where I could be looked at as the old timey expert. It felt wonderful.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:worship:
star3.png

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Awesome. It really is an art form, hopefully you helped them on their way.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I really wish I would have taken a pipe with me so I could have shown them what I was talking about. Hopefully we are going to get together to have a pipe night.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Congrats, that's how I feel with my buddies who I've converted from cigars as well. It's nice to not be the noob all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.