PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I wasn't sure whether to put this in General or Tobacco discussion...let me know if it should have been somewhere else.
I read the recent thread about Virginia and the red wine flavor, and had to run out and get some straight Va to see if I could taste it too ('cause I'm like that heh heh), and whaddayaknow...found it on the first bowl. Wow!

After smoking a couple pipefuls, I also found that I like Va more than my beloved Burley. After about ten bowls it is now going to be a regular for me.
@ Maineyachtie... Thankyou very much for adding some great flavor to my everyday pouch.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I have been smoking a Virginia for many year, Buraks Scottish Ribbon. It is no longer made so I have had to begin expanding my tobacco horizons again.
Herb,

Don't know if you are aware that Park Lane Tobacconist has a blend made to replicate Scottish Ribbon called Connoisseurs Flake which is not only a great blend but this one doesn't bite!!,

:D

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
thebadkitty,
Most manufacturers have a "tilt" toward a base Virginia of their specialty. Often, it is in most of their blends.

You could call Cornell and Diehl and talk to them. They have hundreds of blends with a base in varying degrees of Red Virginia (their specialty). Try their "Serenity" series of Flake tobacco's. They are all great. They will also give you other suggestions after talking with you. Their number is on their site: www.cornellanddiehl.com You can also read the reviews of their "serenity" series on www.tobaccoreviews.com. My favorite is Sunday Picnic: Golden Virginias are combined with Perique and Izmir Turkish for a delicious and memorable flake tobacco. One of our "Simply Elegant" Series. Also, give McClelland a try. They also do a fantastic job with Virginia Blends. Finally, one other of my favorites is Orlick Golden Red Slices. Absolutely fantastic but can be hard to come by.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.