PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Dave offered some great prices on some sealed tins of various tobaccos here recently. I took advantage of a few of them and decided to open a tin of Savinelli's 140 Anniversary blend. God knows, I don't need another open blend to jar up, but this just sounded so interesting. I've never had a blend with cigar leaf florets before. I got to say, I feel they play a rather minor role here but are still noticed, with the virginias really shining through. The topping is very light but a nice touch and really doesn't overpower the tobaccos. I'm still figuring it out, and I'll have to see what I think after a few more bowls, but for now it's a nice relaxing smoke that is fairly complex.
Here I am vegging out on the couch smoking it in, what else but my Savinelli GDO 319.5. :mrgreen:

photo-on-5-4-17-at-409-pm-600x412.jpg

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Nice, Orley! I got a box from him yesterday containing tobacco yumminess as well. he is a good guy and has very reasonable prices. =)

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I have found the blend to have a little bite. I am sure I need to slow down a bit given the thin cut. I certainly enjoy the flavour.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Dave is a popular guy tonight. I'll be trying Escudo for the first time, thanks to him. Great prices and fast getting it to me. You rock, Man!
Tim

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I might as well chime in to! Bought a tub of Ries 3 Star Blue from him and got it yesterday. Thanks Dave...

Status
Not open for further replies.