Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Thanks To Dave (Shaintiques) - Trying Some Savinelli 140 Anniversary Blend

(6 posts)
  1. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dave offered some great prices on some sealed tins of various tobaccos here recently. I took advantage of a few of them and decided to open a tin of Savinelli's 140 Anniversary blend. God knows, I don't need another open blend to jar up, but this just sounded so interesting. I've never had a blend with cigar leaf florets before. I got to say, I feel they play a rather minor role here but are still noticed, with the virginias really shining through. The topping is very light but a nice touch and really doesn't overpower the tobaccos. I'm still figuring it out, and I'll have to see what I think after a few more bowls, but for now it's a nice relaxing smoke that is fairly complex.

Here I am vegging out on the couch smoking it in, what else but my Savinelli GDO 319.5.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice, Orley! I got a box from him yesterday containing tobacco yumminess as well. he is a good guy and has very reasonable prices. =)

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. pagan

pagan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well played

Nowhere in the world will such a brotherly feeling of confidence be experienced as amongst those who sit together smoking their pipes
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. fmgee

fmgee

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have found the blend to have a little bite. I am sure I need to slow down a bit given the thin cut. I certainly enjoy the flavour.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. tschiraldi

tschiraldi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dave is a popular guy tonight. I'll be trying Escudo for the first time, thanks to him. Great prices and fast getting it to me. You rock, Man!

Tim

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. weezell

weezell

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I might as well chime in to! Bought a tub of Ries 3 Star Blue from him and got it yesterday. Thanks Dave...

"the weez"...
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   carolinachurchwarden, mawnansmiff, sumusfumus