PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I just want to publicly thank the pipe retailers that cater to us Canadians and go that extra mile. You don't know what it means to us who just don't have access to the variety and prices here at home. And not just that but the quality of service and what you are willing to do to make the customer happy.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Couldn't agree with you more! Two top notch companies for us Canucks to deal with. :clap: :clap:

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Never understood why folks tell the world who the easy girls are..
Not sure what you're referencing... Based on the original post, it appears neither company is engaged in illegal, or questionable, activity. The only caution to this tale is the OP calling attention to the fact that they are ordering tobacco into Canada, which makes their order subject to taxation.
-- Pat

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
I just paid duty on a order today and I have no problem with that,we just don't have the variety, I have ordered local and still would but they never got back to my email oh well. If our Government wants to limit peoples freedom with what we do on our own time on our own property well they lose out on free enterprise and the good business of tobacco. So stupid..

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
We're just trying to keep the peace with our neighbors to the north before they build that wall to keep us Americans out!! :worship:
Rich

4noggins.com

Mar 1, 2014
You know, New Brunswick is just down the road... Maybe we could just, "accidentally" build the wall a bit crooked and slice a little more off that Northeastern tip of the continent.

Just as soon as we make all the tax exemptions for pipe tobacco. That's when you'll know the Canadians are ready to take the lead in world domination.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
When I first started piping a year ago, I wanted to try FMC. I couldn't find it at my B&M, and was informed that due to the whiskey stave that retailers cannot carry it. Luckily 4noggins made it happen, unfortunately I didnt like it as much as FMOTT

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Oh Man! Now I have to try and find what your abbreviated letters stand for. There are WAY too many blends to remember what these all stand for. Laughing...I think the first time a blend is mentioned in a post, you should type it out. :?

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
Sorry, I was tired when I wrote the post. Ill keep it in mind to just write the blend out instead of being lazy. Frog Morton Cellar, and Frog Morton on the Town.

billp

Lurker
Jul 20, 2016
As far as taxes on importing tobacco's to Canada

when I used to go to pipeshows I would come back to Canada with up to 10 pounds

as long as you were willing to pay the taxes was not a problem and with even the taxes

pricing was way cheaper than we were paying in Canada so as far as I am concerned was a win win

situation and the selection was 100 time better than what was available here
I remember coming across the border at one time with 7 pounds as well as my travelling pipe collection of metal pipes, after paying the taxes spent the better part of an hour with the customs guy showing him what 7 pounds looked like for cellaring and discussing pipesmoking in general even in depth about the metal pipes and the

associated patent info that I had on them
As long as you were above board in what you were brining in I never had one problem
bill in red deer

billp

Lurker
Jul 20, 2016
As far as taxes on importing tobacco's to Canada

when I used to go to pipeshows I would come back to Canada with up to 10 pounds

as long as you were willing to pay the taxes was not a problem and with even the taxes

pricing was way cheaper than we were paying in Canada so as far as I am concerned was a win win

situation and the selection was 100 time better than what was available here
I remember coming across the border at one time with 7 pounds as well as my travelling pipe collection of metal pipes, after paying the taxes spent the better part of an hour with the customs guy showing him what 7 pounds looked like for cellaring and discussing pipesmoking in general even in depth about the metal pipes and the

associated patent info that I had on them
As long as you were above board in what you were brining in I never had one problem
bill in red deer

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
WHy would you tell the world about SP ann 4noggins so that the government starts looking for their packages.
This is what
Never understood why folks tell the world who the easy girls are..
means.
When we were getting cuban cigars delivered, we would throw out the person who opened their mouths about our cuban sources. f

ltstone

Dec 30, 2015
Umm, Don't they themselves advertise that? Even on the pipe radio commercial 4noggins says they ship world wide...It's not a secret and the packages even list the tobaccos on the outside of the box.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah there's nothing illegal about importing tobacco into Canada. I can see if you're in the US and you've got a Cuban cigar connection, but really this is a mute point. 4noggins is famous for shipping anywhere in the world, so is Cup o Joes, so is Smoking Pipes. I'm sure if the government wants to look for packages to a fellow called istone, they'll have quite a challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.