PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I was contacted earlier in the week by Sparrowhawk regarding a slightly used pipe he had whose bowl was out of round and he wondered if I might like to have it. Because of the defect he said he couldn't sell it and would not charge me. "Sure" I said. It would raise my functional pipe level to 14 and give me additional latitude to dedicate pipes to particular blends.
It arrived yesterday and is a lovely Peterson Irish Harp 107 Billiard. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. True to his word, the bowl is out of round and would make an amazing ice cream scoop or impromptu bladed weapon due to its size. Needless to say, it is a great smoker and I could not be more grateful for his kind thoughtfulness and generosity.
Thanks again Sparrowhawk!! You are one of the people who make this site amazing!!
Best Wishes and Deepest Regards,
Michael

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Ummm... yeah... I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you to post up some pictures of said pipe. So... if you could do that, that be great... yeah... thanks

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
hawky454 - You callin' me a liar? Am I your dancing monkey too? :) Just kidding...yeah man I'll post a couple tomorrow. It's music and drinking time. Have a good one !! :puffy:

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
hpim4300-600x359.jpg

hpim4301-600x309.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Oh man... thanks! Nice looking pipe. Sorry, my above post was supposed to come off sounding like the boss in Office Space.
I bet that pipe will prove to be a great companion for a long, long time. I have some Savinelli pipes that were discounted due to manufacturing errors and they are some of my best smokers and because I don't worry about aesthetics I seem to enjoy them that much more.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Gee, that harp looks great... Can I have it back? I forgot my own signature line.: )
Hoisted on you own petard? :) Sure. Once I take it for a couple more spins around the block. :mrgreen:
You're one of the good ones, man !!! :clap:

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
Sweet pipe, man. Also, Sweet pipeman that gave it to you.
How do bowls end up like that? Just a mistake during manufacturing?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've been knocked over by the generosity of Forums members from time to time. One member offered me a package of Semois that he'd tried and didn't like. When I received it, I happily packed my pipe. The next day, he asked by PM how I liked the pipe. Pipe? I went back and found the box and sure enough, there was a beautiful pipe. I still check it on the rack to see if I was hallucinating or in some kind of dream. It's one of the best burley smokers I own and probably the highest level pipe I own. So, Sparrowhawk, you uphold a grand tradition. Great looking Peterson.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I think this might have been my first 107 and got too enthusiastic in reaming it, making the defect in the off-center chamber worst. So it's not all the manufacturer's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.