PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A big round from me to mso489 for his comment about the black brushed rusticated pipes made by Stanwell. Based on his comments in a recent post, I ordered a billiard from this remarkably economic series, and got it today. It is a marvelous smoker, and looks and feels great! And at the below-fifty dollar price, I'm going to order a second one for my rotation. But I never would have known about this series if it wasn't for the knowledgable mso489--have a great new year!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks, sparrowhawk, and happy smoking! I do have a good eye for a good buy in briar.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
mso is the one that turned me on to Lane's LL-7. While I prefer Englishes and Orientals, aros are nice for a change of pace, and I just finished a bowl of it. I keep the LL-7 in a little leather hobbit-pouch with drawstrings sparrow gave me - it never dries out, but gets more smokeable.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
mso also alerted me to the eBay sale of a Peterson Halloween pipe, which I purchased for considerably under new value, and has since become one of my favorite pipes. He is a consummate enabler. If only he would pay for these pipes he recommends (he is not helping my bank account)...and simnettpratt, of course, is well known for his charity, often to his own detriment. What a great bunch of guys. :P

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
We should petition to change the name of the forum to "PipeMagazine Mutual Admiration Society." :P

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I just want to take a moment and thank you too, for 'righting' your avatar. I don't mean to imply anything political.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Shamefaced, newbroom, I have to admit that some guardian angel put my avatar right-side-up. It started

on my desk top head-up, but popped sideways when I put it in Forums. I decided to go with the eccentricity.

But someone got mighty tired of it and put it upright. They've made an upright gentleman of me, for which

I thank them. I'm the Typhoid Mary of cyber technology. Computers crash when I drive through a neighborhood.

So I appreciate the assistance on this.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Yeah, I purchased one back sometime in the summer or spring (poker) when they were $49.99 with a free pipe stand, which was very nice by the way. Saw them on sale with in of their catalogs that they send me on a regular basis and a great little smoker and does very good with flake tobaccos. Not at all a bad purchase by any means and I'm quite pleased with it.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
The only thing wrong with your upright avatar is it doesn't annoy me anymore. Regarding computers crashing, I once had a lady ask me if I thought her computer was 'flipping pages', because she had too much 'kinetic energy', because she couldn't put a piece of toast in a toaster without it catching fire.
Never did figure out what her problem was, but I fixed it and left her happy.
PS If you don't remember what 'kinetic energy' is, look it up, and no one puts toast in a toaster.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Speaking of avatars, I've always wondered if mine was too small to be recognized as the ancient Flammarrion woodcut, which depicts an explorer peering into the vault of the heavens. I'd hate to use a photo of myself, as I scare enough people as it is with my drawings.

Status
Not open for further replies.