PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm primarily a Va smoker, and the past few months have been a Va binge for me, primarily VaOr blends. But the past few days I've been leaning hard on C&D Crooner and Mac Baren Mixture Flake, and really liking the burley burliness. It's almost as refreshing a change of pace as when I take a break from selling access to the US State Department to indulge in grabbing random women by their p***ies. It's nice to have choices.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Love that burley. I like it in blends with other leaf, blends of burlies, the variant blends like Semois, and the grand old Americano burley/Va/Cav and others. Nothing goes better in a cob, or any pipe with a deep bowl. Not everyone can taste burley, and some get a bad taste from most burley, but if you love it, it's a glorious tobacco. C&D brought it into the 21st Century with a flourish with their many superior burley blends.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Burley is delicious, and often brings out the flavors of other varieties (like Virginia) for me.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
The only 2 blends I smoke other then Carter Hall are Peter stokkebye 702 burley and I just today got in ten ounces of Scottys butternut burley.
So wait, your telling me that there are blends that aren't burley? Weird, who would want that?!? :nana:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Loves me some Burley! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so nutty , so sweet.
Personal preferences are Irish Flake, when I want something strong, and Golden Extra, when I want something sweet.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Lately The Amphora Original is growing on me after I had learned to dry the blend prior to smoking and smoke take it slow,

CH is also Ok if not smoked too much,so Burleys becoming my main 'autumnal tobacoes, nevertheless I shall pay attention to nic content in it may be unexpected high in some blends forcing me put my pipe down and take some oxygen and drink' and all this happening to seasoned cigarette&Cigar smoker,which seem somewhat weird,,

Status
Not open for further replies.