PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
So, I've started to try my hand at making pipes. I've seen and admired what Justin is doing and figured what the hey? I can TRY to do that! So thank you, Mr. Parker, for being an inspiration and helping me chase my dreams.
As I'm making these things, I've found that what I intend to do vs. what I can actually do are very different things. Other times, I've gotten so excited about how things are going that I want to rush to the finish line. Whenever I feel discouraged or I want to rush it, a little voice I've never actually heard kicks in my head. Roth always reminds me in posts (and other people) that pipes in every aspect take patience -whether that's smoking them or making them. Roth, you've kept me from making serious mistakes, hurting myself, and losing confidence. You may not know the impact you have on us newer guys, but ever since I've joined this forum I've truly looked up to you. Whenever I post I hope you comment, I try to really listen to the input you give on this forum even if I disagree with you on some of it. I try to figure out why. I've found you have sage advice and similar tastes to myself.
Anyways, I wanted to publicly acknowledge and thank you two. It's my hope that everyone on the forum continues to inspired, push, and find fellowship with one another. This forum has been and continues to be one of the greatest gifts I've found. Ok... enough of this mushy crap. I'm just extremely grateful to have this forum and many, many of you people in my life!

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I would agree. Darjones makes a pretty fine pipe and roth shares a good bit a wisdom that any new puffer could benefit from.

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
What are the sinister 6?? I must have missed that thread. Got a link to it?

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Ugh. Really? I got about halfway through that thread. I'm not going to rehash my thoughts here and revive it... All I'm going to say is that the list of members here who I've learned things about pipe smoking and who I appreciate is too long to list. I just called out two of you because I've recently been thinking about the two of you a lot. If we can't encourage and enjoy each other, then what the heck is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.