PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Some time ago I sent Leonard Wortzel, of Lane Ltd., a sample of Crown Achievement for a project he was working on. After an epic amount of work Leonard has resurrected the long fabled Crown Achievement. Today I received a package from Leonard that was a 5 tin sleeve of Crown Achievement.

I am overwhelmed by this gesture. I was pleased enough to contribute to the rebirth of a classic blend but this surprise is really over the top.

Thank you, Leonard; I'll treasure every bowl and will share with fellow pipers so they can experience this special blend. I'm smoking a bowl as I type this. Spectacular is all I can say. It is as I remember it from my days of buying it as the New York store in the late 1970's. Well done to a classy and talented blender.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Classy indeed, and I hope another sign pointing to the ongoing resurrection of the piping lifestyle and everything associated with it.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
pa - coolio indeed. What some guyz will do to induce me to drive the 90 min to The Wooden Match. I'll have to bring some of my old CA so we can figure which version it is.
hp

les

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I had a chance to try the new version when it arrived on our dock last week. I immediately sent Leonard an email to let him know how close it tasted to what I used to smoke in the seventies. They did a great job.
Russ

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
When I was a kid, I used to get excited for new movies to come out.

As I got older I used to get excited for new books to come out.
Nowadays I get excited for new tobaccos to come out.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for sharing this with us. Enjoy your gift of thanks with pleasure. It is nice that the hobby can be perpetuated and good things can happen in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.