PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Thank you Pipes Magazine and the forums that you gave us to chat and the opportunity to make some bloody great friends. Being in Australia I was looking at missing out on the SECRET SANTA but CobGuy and JeepNewbie stepped up and gave me the opportunity to participate.
Also to BoilerMakerAndy who has become a great mate lately helping me to obtain a few things that I would never have the chance to get my hands on without a USA postal address.
The information I have learned, the experience I have gained the friends I have found both in Australia and abroad, has only been made possible by these forums and the great people who frequent these pages. I am a better man for knowing you and reading your stories, your progressive and completed restoration projects and of course your humour, honesty and watching the way you have each other's backs has truly made me a better person for knowing you since my joining in September '14.
I am humbled by your kindness and better for simply knowing you.
Thank you ladies and gentleman may your pipes always be full of ambrosia to enrich and excite your taste buds.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
I second this. Thank you to all the generous enablers on this site. I have enjoyed the many conversations and opinions I've read over here. Because of you, my cellar and pipe collection has grown and brought me many hours of happiness and relaxation. Happy New Year to everyone.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
I third this. Without this forum and the great group of people who keep it alive I probably wouldn't have stuck with pipe smoking. There are great conversations, good people, and lots of wisdom here. In addition, I am continually impressed by the good will and generosity of some of the members and I agree that being a part of this community makes us better. Thank you all.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
In a sense, I guess I'm the sixth, and I see dead people. No, wait, that's not right, that's a different forum too.
I do spend a lot time reading and sometimes commenting on this forum, and I can say it brings me a great deal of joy, not to mention an education too! :worship:

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's a very nice and well written post, toby67. I've been here a while and continue to participate for the exact reasons you outlined. There is not a day that I don't learn something new and interesting-even after 44 years of pipe smoking.

Your sentiments are appreciated and certainly echoed by all of us here.

Happy New Year and Happy Piping.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
lol, there is the humour I spoke of .. I did forget to mention that I wish you all a very safe and happy New Years. May 2015 bring many blessings to all and some great new tobacco's for us to put in our pipes.
Thanks again for simply being you
- Steve

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It is a great way to pass the winter and any time at work! I am always amused by the humor, generosity of spirit. Its like having a very exclusive club you can drop by and smoke a bowl and have a beer with your chums. I have looked at a few other forums and nothing compares to this one. We should all raise our glass to Kevin for creating such a wonderful, balanced and happy environment.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Wait a minute... You guys don't always smoke in the manner that Newbie described? Ugh, back to the noob section of the forum... :lol:

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Amen. I am the only pipe smoker I know, so I love having this place to hang out and geek out about pipes and tobacco.
Like you FlintLockJohn I myself don't know any other pipe smokers near me that I could sit down and enjoy a bowl with on a regular basis. That would be sublime, I do have some neighbours who smoke cigarettes and when I go out with a bowl full of a nice Aro they often comment that someone is cooking something nice nearby... I just chuckle to myself waiting for them to cotton on that pipes don't stink like cigarettes. But that is the closest I get to having a bowl with a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.