PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Bob was kind enough to send me a beautiful pipe he didn't use. It arrived today and I love it! It smokes so much better than my other pipe and the stem is longer so my tongue didn't tingle at all. It's a GBD straight apple new era. Still figuring out what that means, but what I do know is that it doesn't whistle or gurgle, its small size fits in my little hands, and it feels good too.

Thank you Bob! It's great!!!!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
My pleasure, Betty!
GBD is one of my favorite English brands of the past. As for the description: "straight" (well, um, not bent), "apple" is the shape of the bowl, and "New Era" is GBD's name for that particular model, referring most likely to the finish. (So, it's likely that other "New Era" pipes would also be smooth and feature that reddish tint.)
Glad to hear you like it and that it'll get used. Just turned out to be a tiny bit too small for me.
Bob

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Thanks for the info too! I've got to research different shapes and things so I can sound like I know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry yet glad it didn't fit you as it's perfect for me.

Thanks!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very nice of you Bob - congrats to you too eibhir. GBDs are well respected in the pipe world.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
You can't give it away to another pipe smoker, you could start a war that way...too ugly to put on display, and if you just stick it in a drawer, you might someday be tempted to try it again...burning it was my only option.
You know, I could absolutely picture J.M. Barrie including this as the basis for a chapter in My Lady Nicotine. I think he could have worked wonders with it.
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
In case you all are curious, here's the photo I sent, just to make sure eibhir would like it:

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.