PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
So I finally got some bulk Blackhouse in today with my recent tobacco shipment. I loaded up the semi new meer and began puffing away... at the risk of sounding sacrilegious it was just kind of blah... So as I am sitting in the backyard talking with the wife, casually puffing away. I get about halfway through the bowl and the phone rings... I jump up to get it and... I sat back down. Tried again... Nope. Then it hit me.. What a taste... And a head rush without the head ache... The wife even looked at me and said "is that your tobacco giving me that damn headache?!" All I could do was look at her and say... "Yep". She promptly loaded the kids up and took them to the store. So thank you Blackhouse... For being a fantastic smoke... For providing me a great nic buzz... And most of all, for clearing the house of all distractions so life could get out of the damn way and let me enjoy your amazing therapeutic effects! I will definitely place you proudly into my rotation!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
haha good for you! the first time i tried it wasnt quite like that, although i was at the B&M enjoying some good bourbon and a good football game. Which is exactly what i plan to do this weekend.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
I think it was a lot of credit to the pipe choice as well. I almost loaded up a briar, but really wanted to give the blend all the opportunity allowable to shine so I could see if it would live up to the hype. As I said, at first I was not so taken and kept looking sidelong at my usual go to English blend, but then I just kind of zoned out. Even now nearly an hour post smoke I have trouble finding the ambition to do much more than sip my scotch and watch admittedly silly youtube videos.. Gonna be hard to get any work done tonight I think. Might need me a working bowl to get things started.. :puffy:

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Lol. To be fair I was outside... I only have the heart to puff 1Q indoors when working at night... Blackhouse just had an effect on her I suppose. Whatever works I guess... Might see if I can start a trend tomorrow afternoon, as this is turning out to be one peaceful evening!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
3 Oaks Syrian gave my wife a headache. You should try it in a briar, too. I prefer BH in a Meer, but I smoked some in a briar for the first time in a while and it was a nice change!

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
@Baron. Haha. While on a recent conference call I was gazing at my pipe rack mentally deciding which briars were getting Blackhouse which days this week.
@chispa. I wouldn't say overly high... I can't take London mixture or Nightcap for nic reasons, but I think it was mostly the strength of the blend that got to her. It is an amazingly full bodied tobacco for sure. Both in taste and smell..

Status
Not open for further replies.