PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I first want to thank you all. Through some recent posts, you have helped me discover some pipe makers I had not known; namely Blakemar, Blatter, and Invicta. I would like to ask, though, which of these is more highly recommended by you. Which is the better quality of the three? I have already ordered a Blakemar and I want to get either an Invicta or a Blatter. Thank you all in advance.

Mar 29, 2016
Blatter pipes, their highest Select grades are quite affordable especially with the US to CAD exchange rate.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I have one vintage Invicta bent billiard and it's a great smoker. I recently ordered three Blakemar Briars pipes and I'm delighted with them though one, a Hungarian, burns rather hot due to being somewhat thin walled.
I believe you ordered a Pennine? I rather like their Pennine Extra which is a tad larger. You will have to let us all know how your new acquisitions behave, preferably with pictures :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Mail call today! I have received my first two Blatters and my first Blakemar! Here they are. I will update after smoking them a while.
mU1z41P.jpg

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
Very nice. I especially like the middle pipe. I happen to like the "squashed" look and believe my next pipe will be of the same style.

Status
Not open for further replies.