PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Especially our host, for this enjoyable resource known as a forum.
I learn from it daily, laugh at it more often than not and just generally enjoy the 'blend'. Sometimes the blend seems to have a bit more Perique than necessary, but then at other times it is just right.
The threads about loading a small pipe, about 'how many bowls', about storing pipes and tobacco, about smoking 'the best'... just too good.
Today's gem was the small pipe issue. It is winter here, at the base of the mountains, it is cold more than not. So, I moved my small pipes to the front of the line for restoration. Most of them had been put in the back of the line in favor of more 'desirable' ones. That changed today. I realized that the small pipe is the solution to being able to smoke at all, and to an economical use of the precious tobacco.
I moved the little Grabow Duke bent pipe to the front. Over the second cup of coffee this morning, it got cleaned up and ready for action. It got it's re-birth by fire with a nice bowl of Captstan Blue. Just because...
26932379019_11641f0d80_k_d.jpg

Thanks to you all...

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
The little pipe could use more work, but it operates fine now. The bowl will just allow the first joint of my little finger to probe around... LOL, tight fit. I will measure it if I remember.
The next 'little one' will probably be the Yello Bowl that was sitting next to this one on the work bench. I had glued up some divots in the stems of several pipes and this and the Yello were handy at the time. The Yello is a straight pipe, so this one got first dibs on the bench time.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Yes, I agree, LOL, after trying it once. (Whispering now...) I nuked the flake for 15 seconds before breaking up about half of it and fold/stuffing it into the pipe.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Ken, Nice classic looking Grabow. I just opened a tin of the Capstan Blue Flake that I bought when it first came out. It was dated June 24, 2013 and the color of the tobacco was startling. It was really really dark, in another few years it is going to be black. It tastes fantastic with the extra age on it and I loved the stuff fresh.
I bought 25 on the first order I made of this and it cost me 10.88 a tin which is a heck of a lot better than the 13.48 I would have to pay buying 25 today. I am surprised it has gone up that much since then, it must be very popular.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I really like my small bent billiards. I have a number: a smooth Gianni; an artisan Jerry Perry in orange stain; a Nording Eriksen; a Danish Bari; a BC Caprice ... among others. It's a good shape and size as a travel and pocket pipe, durable and portable. And if you want a long smoke out of it, use flake/plug/rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.