PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
A nice little care package arrived on my doorstep this afternoon.
Savinelli Tundra Rusticated 315 EX along with some BOLD Kentucky and Burley Flake.
I'm enjoying some Bold Kentucky for the first time. It is definitely a bold flake to be sure!
Amazing!
http://pipesmagazine.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/album/19293/savinelli-450x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This one? Very nice! :clap:
002-033-21970.jpg

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
That's it! I'm unfortunately having trouble mastering the picture addition. Following the instructions. But, not getting the job done :roll:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Have yet to try either of those two, but they're on my list. That's quite the pretty pipe as well! "Enjoy the heck out od it" - Anthony
I'm humming and hawing with a Sav in my cart at SP. You guys are not making it easy.
.... Dooooo iiiiiiit....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have the Oscar Lucite version 315 KS for some years now. It has a good broad but also fairly deep bowl that does a fine job for spreading out more complex blends so all of the constituent tobaccos are in the ember at once, though it does a good job with various blends and cuts. I really like the light weight combined with a commodious bowl.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If you don't want the filter/adaptor choice, the Oscar Lucite version has no filter. I believe that is true of the whole series. It's also true of the big-bowl Sav Hercules series.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
Yes, this included what they call the "Balsa System". Which basically includes some small balsa wood triangular "sticks" that you can insert to absorb moisture and smoke impurities.
I'm forgoing the balsa and just planning on smoking this pipe normally.
Thanks for the compliments and comments! Definitely a fun weekend with a new pipe and some "new to me" tobaccos.
These Mac Barens are pretty amazing.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.