PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Ok. So why did I end up in dallas? Because my father works for AT&T which recently moved their headquarters to dallas. A few friends of ours moved so we came to visit. Dave, new texas and post chicago resident, told us that texans are truely very nice people. And he was f......in right. So here I am, smoking one bowl more than planned because the texans have been kind and offering me free beer, even tho i need to pack. So texans...I hate your accent, but you are a bunch of nice people.
Sorry for typos, on my phone, relatively drunk and full of vitamin N.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
You're welcome ;-)
Even though I'm an import since 1997, I agree with the friendliness statement. Not so much the accent comment. I've heard worse

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Texans are indeed very hospitable folks for the vast majority. It sure makes it nice to live here.

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
About 10 years ago, I drove out to neighboring Bedford and bought a 1971 Chevelle SS from the Police Chief there. However, I stayed in Dallas and took in some of the sights before I left.
I wanted to say I never meet a nicer bunch of people than persons I came into contact with while on this excursion.
While the saying "Everything is bigger in Texas" is alive and well, I can attest the hospitality certainly was while I was there.......

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5YUKIM1Kc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

here's ya a Tony lama song to go with them boots Dave. Recorded at Billy bobs too... :wink:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I was stationed at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo back in 1989. Great people, great steaks, pretty girls. Everything a young military man could ask for.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
I got to Dallas in '95 from Tucson, AZ at 18 yrs old. The saying goes, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could." I miss Tucson (especially Eegee's), but it's worked out pretty well. I don't notice the accent anymore, but when I get pissed off my wife says I get it some. My daughter is a little country girl and it is amazingly cute when she says things and it comes out.

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Texas has a welcoming culture. "If a Texan doesn't agree with your ideas, he'll openly and happily tell you why you're wrong and a fool...and then be your best-friend." :puffy: But really Texas has about 6 different regions, each with its own personality - Panhandle, North, West, Central, East, and South. There are differences in ethnic make-up, environment, weather patterns, food, religion, traditions and festivals, etc. It's truly like a country in itself. And it's big alright, a lot of people in East Texas have never been to the other side of state!

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
I visited Texas once when I was under 25 which meant I couldn't rent a car there, had to take public transportation in Dallas, I feel that may have been what soured my experience a bit, next time I go I'm driving instead of taking the train lol

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Hmm now that you mentioned it lankfordjl, I was born in a suburb of Houston (Pasadena), grew up in Dallas, for the last 18 yrs have lived about an HR east of Dallas, I can't say if I've ever been west of Fort Worth.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Spent some time at Lackland AFB in San Antonio for basic training. It was August and pretty enjoyable outside... at 5am. I've got a sister in law in Corpus Cristi but not been down that way yet. Maybe someday.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My family's been in Texas since it was Mexico. People who are from Texas are friendly and hospitable by tradition. The word Texas even comes from the word Tejas, which means friends. Although, if things get unfriendly, a Texan is who you want on your team. We're a little bit outlaw, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.