PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

politicalmonster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
Looks like Tewksbury got their site back up, kind of. You can even order Hobbit's weed, but I would be careful, as they are not using any type of encrypted connection, so your information would be very vulnerable.

Maybe they just haven't gotten it setup yet, but I know several members have talked about how much they like Hobbit's Weed, and I wouldn't want anyone to make a purchase without knowing the risks.

-PM

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Ack! i just went to their site looking to purchase a tin but alas it seems their site is broken.

Hopefully they get it fixed soon. I've been reading a lot of good things about this blend and the TAD is burning a hole in my e-wallet.
Edit:

scratch that. it looks like they have two sites. one is broken.

DON'T USE : http://hobbitsweed.com/

USE: http://tewksburycompany.com/newsite/pipe-tobacco/hobbits-weed

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
You can from the second link.

Is there another reason?

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Oh I see from your old thread. I live in Portland. I could order some and have it sent to me and just ship it to you if you want to kick in the extra shipping.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Ok so this just arrived. I could almost smell the casing through the packaging!

The nose hit when you open the bag is so sickeningly sweet that my teeth started to hurt. I'm not even joking.
The tobacco is very moist and i know i should have aired it out for a while but i just wanted to try this asap.

I'm halfway through my first bowl in a country gentleman cob (no way i'm gooping up a briar) and i don't know how much more i could ever smoke of this. This tastes a lot like a shisha or hookah tobacco with an additional topping of Dr. Luden's cough drops.
Does anyone like this more than a novelty?
Ludens-Cherry-Cough-Drops-1.JPG

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Yah not sure if I will finish the Hobbit's Weed I recently acquired a week or so back. Thought it would be more of a true tobacco with just a hint of cherry. Doesn't do much for me, maybe it will the next time I open it in about 10 years... Now Nosferatu is a different story. Great tin note. Great flavour if you are ready. At least should be on everyone's "must try" list.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
It's defnitely got a bit of that artificial cherry going on. I like the fact that it's cut with a vanilla aromatic. I like it partially because it's one aromatic you don't have to work at to get the flavor. That being said, you really have to be in the mood for that particular blast of flavor.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
For the life of me i can't imagine the moment i would want to smoke this haha.

Maybe i will just bring it with me to gatherings with a few cobs to let pals try it.
It might also to be fun to try and blend this into something more smokable.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
Well if any of you guys dont fancy this blend or any others from the same company pls feel free to msg me to swap or something , we have been trying to get this and a couple others and have been told 1st they dont ship international and when i called that there was a problem processing credit card payments for tobacco from overseas in Denver ... but yeah dead keen so if anyone wants to pass some off for something else or knows where i could even get this from pls let me know
cheers

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
They are the only place you can get it as they make it. I might be interested in a trade for something very unique. But shipping overseas will be expensive and I am poor these days.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Also I think this tobacco somehow ghosted my MOUTH. None of my other tobaccos are working out today since I smoked this. I'm smoking them in different pipes and everything. Just tastes a bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.