PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewsims

Lurker
Jan 28, 2015
Hello guys. I'm new here so allow me to introduce myself first.
I'm new to smoking pipes. Been smoking some Frog Morton Cellar for about a month now out of a $2.00 corncob. I'm absolutely loving it, but it's time for me to get a new pipe. Looking at the Savinelli One starter kit... http://smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=164448). Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Now for the Tewksbury question...
I keep hearing wonderful things about their Hobbit's Weed and would love to try some. I went to go place an order last night and saw that there's a "$13.00 adult signing fee" for people who don't live in Colorado. This fee, plus the $9.00 tobacco, plus shipping comes out to be around $26.00. Im finding that a little hard to justify for a single small pouch of tobacco, especially when I'm not even sure if I'll like it.
Is there anywhere else that sells this? I thought it was exclusive, but I've been wrong before.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks so much guys. Look forward to learning the curve and getting to know all of you.
All the best,

Matthew
P.S. Where do I go to change my password from the random letters that the site issued me?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well adult signature required only costs the shipper $5.20 if done through USPS and none of my regular shops even use it, so that charge seems excessive. It would discourage me to order unless I had a large order I was wanting to place. I don't believe they sell any wholesale so they are the only source I know of.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
The Tewkesbury Hobbit's Weed is, as far as I know, exclusive to Tewkesbury in Denver. I've also heard great things about it, but despite living here, I've not yet gotten around to buying any... :eek:

I can't remember if it was a member on here or the Facebook forum, but someone there revealed that it was a mix of two blends, one cherry, one vanilla. Not really blending, ...or likened to mixing two boxed meals together and calling it "cooking." Are you attracted to it for the cherry vanilla flavor, or the name? If its the flavor, there are a ton of better aromatics out there. If you are attracted to the name (as I suspect), just slap a white label on a baggie of something you like and call it Frodo's Delight or some other such silly name. Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.