PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
I used to make this every week for the family, haven't made it since I left home.
1/2 cup blue agave Tequila

1/2 cup untoasted walnut oil

1/2 cup honey

1 tsp finely shredded lime peel

1/4 cup lime juice ( I always just squeezed 2-3 limes)

1 tsp kosher salt
Optional:

2 cloves garlic minced

1/2 tsp ground cumin

2 shallots minced
12 drumsticks
Marinate for about 4 hours and then throw it on the grill, or bake it at 350 F for about 50 mins
Top with fresh cilantro and if you want thin orange/lime slices.

guitarguy86

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2012
Maaan that sounds goood. A few years ago, I had some chicken marinated in a Patron based sauce.

mrdoody

Might Stick Around
May 3, 2012
MA, USA
on my list madmurdoc! thanks for sharing - sounds YUMMY. in fact i think i might fire up the grill tonight....
doody.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Madman I tried this recepie out at start of year Ina Garten had one similar and I can tell you , you have a winner, seared mine with high heat and moved them to the side of pit cranked Down the heat and yes it is very good, Roth I did the same thing, put the hot stuff out so everybody could enjoy mild or spicy The old cajun

madmurdoc

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2012
North Idaho
Made it this evening for dinner, amazing. It wasn't quite done after baking it for 50min at 350, so I kept it in at low heat (like 175) for another 45min-1hr since everyone wasn't ready to eat anyways. Turned the drumstick over before continuing the cooking at 175, so that the parts under the juice were now over for an even cook, once those turned a lovely golden brown, I took them out, and proceeded to stuff my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.