PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
Hello from middle Tennessee! I joined a few months ago but forgot to post in the New Member forum. I have been smoking a pipe for 2 years and first tried one about 17 years ago when I wasn't supposed to. Anyway, Vapers are the bees knees and a strong latakia gets my blood flowing.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Welcome from SE Louisiana.
Our oldest son lives in Johnson City and he is a pipe and cigar smoker.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Welcome!
I lived in Nashville back in my younger years. Used to go that pipe shop in Murphysburrow (SP?) where they had a massive selection of Dunhill pipes new and estate.

Oct 7, 2016
lived in Nashville back in my younger years. Used to go that pipe shop in Murphysburrow (SP?) where they had a massive selection of Dunhill pipes new and estate.
That would be the 310 shop in Murfreesboro, owned for many years by the late Edsel James, who later sold it to a man named Dawson something or other. In his “”retirement”. Edsel sold estate Dunhills from his home where he had hundreds laid out on tables. Edsel kept an account with Lane, so he got new Dunhill stuff, too, usually on close out specials, plus he sold his most popular blends, all made from Lane components, to his old customers. Poor Dawson never had a chance. Serious Dunhill collectors probably had multiple pieces that had passed through Edsel’s hands. Edsel had been a successful banker, car dealership owner, and insurance broker before he opened his shop.Yet he always pled poverty. He rode with me twice when I picked him up to go to the old Indiana Briar Friars show. A very interesting man. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.