PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Temple Bar is one of my favorites. I read a review somewhere… TP.com maybe, where someone claimed to have experienced mold issues with Temple Bar more than once. As I would love to age some a bit, has anyone here experienced the same? I’ve not but I’ve probably never kept any around for more than 6 months or so (what can I say? I like it!) - and I would love to sit on half a dozen tins or so for a few years.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I'm going to buy a supply to put back a few years tomorrow, anyone that's had a mold issue let me know - thx

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I was one of the "lucky" ones who bought this blend at the time of the great mold issue. I still have some unopened tins. Some day I'll be brave and open them.

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I think that the few mouldy tins were in the earliest production runs. The problem has been corrected, and I continue to stockpile this fine bar as it is subject to the FDA rules.

drbenway

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2017
I bought two tins last year. Opened one, smoked a bowl or two then jarred it. Opened jar this year and it was moldy. I popped the other tin and it was fine. Been smoking it the last few weeks and am enjoying it.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I was hoping it was just early production, I really like it and had just popped my last tin. I just added 3 more in hopes they would be OK for some time (to be conservative and not put back more). Thanks for responding everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.