PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsmoked

Lurker
May 7, 2014
senaste-fyndet-150x130.jpg

Hello. I bought this Savanelli 606 KS pipe at a flea market.

It's never smoked, in the original box, etc.. Does anyone know anything about it, age and so on.

What could it be worth?

Anders

Ps: Hope I managed to attach the picture. (Beginner on the forum. Excuse my English too) Ds.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Anders:
Well, in a sense, it's worth whatever you paid for it at the flea market!
Unless there's something in the material that hints at its date of manufacture, it could very well be a brand new pipe. Currently, these are selling for around US$100. But without seeing detailed photos of it -- to see if there any fills/flaws/etc. -- I'd say it's probably worth US$50-60, maybe a bit less.
Savinelli is a respected name in pipes, but the 606 line is very easy to find -- both on eBay and brand new -- and it sits at the lower end (in terms of price/quality) of what Savinelli produces.
Bob

pipejunky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 16, 2014
I scored a 606 on ebay for $27.It is a very good smoker and i like the feel of it in my hand.A real fistful.

flapomalley

Lurker
Feb 8, 2014
@ cmdrmcbragg. Just have to keep your eyes peeled. I just snagged a Peterson Deluxe, doesn't look like it's ever been used on ebay for $9.99.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
Savinelli is a respected name in pipes, but the 606 line is very easy to find -- both on eBay and brand new -- and it sits at the lower end (in terms of price/quality) of what Savinelli produces.
Bob, I would say this is partially true (and untrue).
606 is the shape, and it is relatively easy to find...it's popular.
Shape has nothing to do with where it sits in their quality spectrum. A 606 could be a basket pipe and it could be a Giubileo d'Oro. Case in point:
This 606 selling for $436 http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=139630
And this 606 selling for $64 http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=146234

Status
Not open for further replies.