PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

2talltom

Lurker
Aug 17, 2015
URL=http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/2talltom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/20150817_123347_zpshdazrk6p.jpg.html]
20150817_123347_zpshdazrk6p.jpg
[/URL]o

I bought this pipe when I was stationed in Japan 13 years ago from a little hole in the wall tobacco shop. I don't know anything about it other than I really like it. Can any of you experts tell me anything about it? Although I've owned it for a long time, I am new to pipe smoking. It was new when I bought it. Hopefully I can figure out how to attach some pictures.

The only identifying marks are on the side it says "VARESE" and below that "1955"

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Two things come immediately to mind it may be a pipe made in the town of Varese Italy or a sub brand of Savinelli, I don't know what timeframe Savinelli started making them. It is a nice looking pipe probably made of Algerian briar which smokes great, hope this helped somewhat, cheers.

banjo

2talltom

Lurker
Aug 17, 2015
Thanks! That's more than I knew before! I do think it smokes wonderfully, although I have almost nothing to compare it to. It was purchased on a whim, and I just ran across it cleaning my office a while back and thought I might get into pipe smoking again. It's my only pipe at the moment, Although that situation may get remedied in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.