Tax Time PAD and TAD! Booya!

(14 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Pipe Novelist
  • Latest reply from Chris
  1. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So I woke up yesterday and found my two very beautiful FLN pipes at my doorstep. As if that wasnt good enough news, my girlfriend and I went out and used her tax money to buy our first, very nice 50' LED TV. On our way home, I got an email saying that my tax money had come in, so what was the first thing that I did? Oh yeah. Pipesandcigars.com just got a good bit of my money. I sprung for a nice new Savinelli EX Billiard and one each of the following tins:

GL Pease Charring Cross
    GL Pease Navigator
    GL Pease Sextant
    GL Pease Odyssey
    GL Pease Westminster
    Erik Stokkebye 1931
    Erik Stokkebye 1855
    Sam Gawith FVF (They had some in stock! Score!)
    Captain Earles Nightwatch
    Captain Earles Stimulus Package
    Solani 633
    Fribourg and Treyer Vintage

I have also committed to owning my first Boswell pipe as soon as they update their site on Thursday. I have wanted a Boswell for a long time and finally have the money to own one.

Combine this with the Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake I have coming from a very generous forum member along with some HH Mature Virginia from Zonomo, I think I've got it made. Time to light up a bowl and watch the big screen. Fellas, life is good

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awesome list there.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I almost have my TAD list completely knocked out. The only thing I am missing are four tins of Dan tobacco, none of which I can find in stock at any of the big retailers at the moment.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice haul! Enjoy.

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Congrats on the new tv, and nice hall. Good luck on getting that Boswell! I hear they sell fast.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck on getting that Boswell! I hear they sell fast.

I have heard tell from people on the forums that what they list on their site isnt all that tehy have available in the shop. I am going to look at the website on Thursday and if I find something I like that they have sold already, I have been led to believe they can try to find me something similar, so fingers crossed.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Congratulations and good luck on the Boswell as well as on finding those Dan tins you're seeking!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

as well as on finding those Dan tins you're seeking!

Trying to get some Midnight Ride, Old Ironsides, Treasures of Ireland-Limerick, and some Hamborger Veermaster. All four sold out at every website I visited.

Oh well. Im sure Ill come across them at some point.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Oh well. Im sure Ill come across them at some point.

Patience grasshopper. The hunt is half the fun!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. gecko13

gecko13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When my refund arrives I plan on adding to my cellar, but a big chunk is going to purchase a new table saw for the shop. Hopefully it will generate more income to buy more TAD/PAD. A vicious, yet wonderful circle isn't it.

"To Learn Who Rules You, Find Out Who You Can't Criticize" Voltaire

"The pipe draws wisdom from the lips of the philosopher, and shuts up the mouth of the foolish; it generates a style of conversation, contemplative, thoughtful, benevolent, and unaffected..."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. redinthehead

Evan

Login to Send PM

Great haul! You're going to be in tobacco heaven when it arrives.

Be sure to let me know what you think of the Fribourg & Treyer Vintage, so far it's my favorite Virginia, mostly because it's the only one I've tried.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice order! Sure you didn't forget anything? You're going to love the TV. This year we're are going 3D, looking forward to that.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Pipe Novelist - that HH Mature Virginia was mailed to you yesterday so you should have it in a few days. Hope you love it!

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have heard tell from people on the forums that what they list on their site isnt all that tehy have available in the shop. I am going to look at the website on Thursday and if I find something I like that they have sold already, I have been led to believe they can try to find me something similar, so fingers crossed.

Yep, I have scored a Boswell the same way. Very nice haul ya got there. Congrats!

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   nurseman, cosmicfolklore, northernneil, weezell, david555, daimyo, darwin, pitchfork, pruss, rsuninv, dread, bigvan, kcvet67, lochinvar, warren, briarfriar, mrjerke, chispa, mikestanley, sparks, tbradsim1