Tags:  No tags yet. 

Tasty Tobacco Shop

(15 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by ohiopuffer
  • Latest reply from Spartan
  1. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I was thinking of ordering from these guys. Does anyone know why they are no longer a sponsor or have any experience with them?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't know why they are no longer a sponsor, but their prices are not very competitive. They don't come close to P&C, Smokingpipess or 4noggins.
    For example their price for Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls is 19.99, smokingpipes is 13.45, and if you buy quantity from smoking, it is even cheaper.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I thought they had a pipe I am looking for but it looks like they do not.I just wasn't sure if there was some reason they were not a sponsor now.I would much rather use someone who is a sponsor here anyway.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They may have found it was tough to compete with the three big boys here, P&C,Smoking and 4noggins.

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

Yea I almost exclusively use P&C and Smokingpipes.com now except for the occasional Boswell order lol.I plan on ordering from 4noggins some day too just haven't done it yet.

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

lestrout

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

TTS is in the news with some drama involving attempted arson http://milford-nh.patch.com/articles/milford-arson-scam-foiled-by-police

No, not just lighting pipes.

hp
    les

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was going to say something about the price, but elected to wait and see if someone else spoke up about it first. Odds are you can find the pipe you're looking for at 4noggins, or have Rich order it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I am looking for a Stanwell Hans Christian Anderson No.2 Rusticated or Polished or both if i can find them.I haven't seen one on 4noggins for a while but I am going to email them right now about it.I am glad I did not order from TTS sounds like they might have their hands full at the moment.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The good news is Cup O' Joes has the HCS #2, it is the Flawless version, highest grade and top shelf.

The bad news is it sells for $434 (MSRP is over $800). http://www.cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/spgm?dpt=W&srch=DW&item=staflwhca2

If you do want this cream of the crop darling, hurry, because it won't last.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

Yea thats a little too rich for me at the moment.i did check that one out and it is a nice one but just too much for me right now.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Yea thats a little too rich for me at the moment.i did check that one out and it is a nice one but just too much for me right now.

One option is to put a small deposit on it so they will hold it for you. I do know that Cup O' Joe has done this (a kind of layaway) in the past.

The reality of life is Stanwell's HCS pipes are all limited releases; many are flat out gone, no more, POOF. And this one, the be-all-and-end-all HCS #2, is extremely limited.

Another option is to scour the estate market -- one may show up eventually.

Just sayin' ... in any case, best of luck to you!

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. ohiopuffer

ohiopuffer

Login to Send PM

I had pretty much given up the hunt until I thought I had one.I should have known I guess lol.That flawless while it is nice is just a little too expensive.I know it is worth it I just have a hard time spending that much on one.That thing sure is a beauty though.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ouch! I would ding it up and have a heart attack. *sigh*

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. 4dotsasieni

4dotsasieni

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I recently ordered two items from Tasty Tobacco that they had listed as "in stock" on their web site, only to be told that they were not in stock and the order would be canceled. On the bright side, they did communicate rapidly, so that I was able to order elsewhere.

"Thus shall you view these fleeting worlds: As bubbles in the stream;
    A lightning flash, a puff of smoke, a phantom, and a pipe dream."
    - The Diamond Sutra (slightly edited for pipe smokers)
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Arson.... Wow. There's an idea to attract business.

Light a pile of great smoking leaf on fire for all the public to smell. HAHA.

Really glad a pipe smoking shop (regardless of their prices) was not burnt to the ground.

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   tbradsim1, macabra11, pitchfork, sablebrush52, abdulaziz, woopigsooie, captvoodoo, ravkesef, beargraves, voorhees, fishnbanjo, ejames, catyrpelius, jfox520, timely, klause, eightywon, papipeguy, misterlowercase, cosmicfolklore