PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Fairly happy with the results on a pipe I just finished today- nice little piece of Calabrian briar- Also my first stem shaped from the German ebonite rod- New tools, new techniques, and new challenges in that process- Oh well, it gets easier after the first hundred or so...:)
hx5g0p.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Welcome to the forums zack - that is a beautiful piece of work, great grain, nice shape too. And I really like that stain, excellent job.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Wow! Great looking pipe, Zack. Do you have a web site with other pictures of your work?

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Back into pipemaking after taking around 30 years off...Just trying to get the work up to par before doing some of the shows next fall..

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks for the kind words! A really interesting thing for me is that 30 years ago, you had to figure everything out yourself. Now, when I screw something up, I just go to Youtube and get a dozen different approaches on tooling and techniques...That only leaves the challenge of getting your head and hands working in unison...

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
BTW- I have my picture on my profile where it shows up as my avatar, but it doesn't seem to show up on my posts- any ideas on how to fix that?

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Beautiful pipe! Look forward to seeing you at future shows. Although now my wallet is mad, for I must at another pipe maker to my list lol

Keep up the great work!
-Frank

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I dub thee the "Big Dipper".
That is a great looking pipe. Thank you for sharing it.
Also...avatars. Took me a few tries till I found this...

Status
Not open for further replies.