PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Can anyone tell Me how to get the soap taste out of a falcon pipe. It's in the stem .

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
You might try to sweeten the pipe (stem an all) by utilizing a nice libation.

I like to use Ezra Brooks... works very well for me.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
i'm sorry, i cant help myself, no self control.....quit cleaning you pipe in the dish washer :mrgreen:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I would first try Lawrence's recommendation. Failing that, try soaking the stem for a day or so with a pipe

cleaner drenched in a thick solution of baking soda and water; or maybe just submerge the whole stem in it.
You might also consider Oxiclean, which is purported to be safe for jewelry, so it shouldn't harm the metal stem.

oxiclean-versatile.jpg

Do not use bleach as it corrodes metal.
Walker Briar Works ozone treatment is another resource.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
Thank You, and grouchy it's not from the dish washer, it's from smokn in the bath tub. HA HA but that was a good one.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
ace, maybe you should consider changing you nick to "sudsy", may want not to go by my spelling though.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I'm with docrx. I'm betting it is a Lakeland ghost. A good alcohol scrub after a good reaming and a serious burley routine should help.
I swear Lakeland is one tobacco that must be an aquired taste because I just can't do it. :puffpipe:

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Is it Lakeland soapy or latakia soapy? To me Lakeland has a floral flavor that makes me think soap, but also perfume. Latakia blends have a slighly bitter taste that I associate more with just a basic, plain soap flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.