PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnparker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2013
Wondering if anyone is in a position to comment on the differences between Tashkent and Frog Morton on the Town? I had a sample of Tashkent day before yesterday and had a sample of Frog Morton on the Town this afternoon. Despite Tashkent being without Virginia and FMOOT having Virginia, my personal opinion is that they are remarkable similar in taste. However (and a big one), my memories of taste are awful! So wanted other folks' opinions.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Of all the frogs, FMOTT is my favorite. So, I am interested in trying similar blends. Any other recommendations?

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
I was gifted 50g of Frog Morton On the Town last week in a cross Atlantic trade. It is wonderful stuff. One of the most well balanced blends I have smoked.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Not an answer to the question, just weighing in to say that FMOTT is simply wonderful stuff and constitutes easily 1/3 of all the tobacco that goes into my pipes.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I enjoy both blends. McClelland's blends are always a bit sweeter than most because of the quantity and quality Virginia used in their blends. L. J. Peretti's Tashkent uses more Turkish in this blend IMO and it brings about a more complex flavor with the bitter sweet notes that a quality Turkish tobacco adds to a blend. Personally Tashkent is one of my favorites, always having at least a couple pounds on hand. As always, personal preference and palate is the deciding factor as with all tobaccos. :)

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Just wanted to say thanks docwatson I was curious myself and your review helped, not a fan of Turkish baccy and not I know to stick to the frog'.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Im interested in trying out some tashkent. Where would one find it? I checked a few of the online stores with no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.