PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Does anyone else have a problem using this forum on their Tapatalk? This is the only forum I can't seem to get to work properly. This site isn't exactly phone friendly either.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Too many anti-tech old timers here. I've asked a few times and was rebuffed. The "Don't Fix What Aint Broke" methodology is the predominant thinking here.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Okay, thanks Nate. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't "user error". This site could be so much better if it were updated.
Oh well... It's still a great forum.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's an iOS App which allows for a FAR more refined, streamlined graphical user interface interface with MANY forums, of which this is not one.

Mar 1, 2014
All I know is that the forums that integrate Taptalk tend to have problems with people using safe browsing practices (blocking all scripts). This forum is perfect the way it is.
Actually this is one of the only forums I go to that still loads advertisements while Javascript is disabled, I'd say Kevin is ahead of the curve.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Been using it for forums for years for Astronomy/astrophotography and never been a problem.
I LOVE this forum and understand the oldtimers position, but it's behind the times, but again, I get it. I was just answering the OP

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I hate Tapatalk on my Android phone (Samsung S6). This form loads and works perfectly on my Android, I can't imagine it working any better.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Here I thought we were going to discuss pairing Spanish tapas with pipe tobaccos. All hail the Luddites!! Off, clear, and --.- .-. -

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
You can read the forums with your phone? Hot dang what will they think of next.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
You can read the forums with your phone? Hot dang what will they think of next.
Yep, I ring up Ethel at the switchboard and she rings Kevin and his melodious voice reads the forum to me!

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Everything here looks and works fine on my iPhone 6s+(128G). I'm in the beta program, so I'm also running the latest -- and mostly-tested -- iOS version (9.3.2 at this writing).
On the other hand, I haven't had a desire to monitor and/or participate in forums of many subject areas through one interface which is the idea behind Tapatalk... as I understand it.

May 31, 2012
Too many anti-tech old timers here.
8)

Cheap sunglasses.
They do everything you need.
Typewriters and carburetor'd automobiles will continue humming along after the supergiant solar flare induces mass panic and peoples "devices" become useless hunks of gadget plastic, ultimate reliability is a hallmark of simplicity.
Whatever flash-in-the-pan app may be popular at the moment will probably not have a longstaying presence because the nature of gadgets are the endless upgrades which instantly outmode the old into utter oblivion of the forgotten floppydisc of yesteryear.
My thoughts on the subject of "forum upgrades" are embedded here:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/stupid-idea-of-the-day-crowdfund-a-forum-upgrade
FWIW

YMMV
23 skidoo!
Banana oil!
Foo!
Foo!
Fie!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.