Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling silver and 2 AAA Rubies. I love the concave faced tamps, because I used to use a golf tee and found that they formed the perfect top to the cherry, IMO. The depth of the concave is only about half of the shown dimensions, because I hand forged it to have tapered edges. And, rubies represent fire and passion, which goes long with how I feel about this hobby. I can stare into a ruby for hours, with it's depth of color and memorizing play on light. I know most guys don't care much for gemstones, but one of my other passions as a jeweler has always been rockhounding and lapidary.

tamp1.jpg

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very Nice Michael ... I also go for the concave tampers.
If you ever need Fire Agate let me know, I have a TON!

Thanks again! Yes Cobguy, I can't wait to see what you come up with, also.

I've also got a couple of banding jobs to do on some unfinished pipes from a lot of antique French briar that a friend picked up in auction. It's been a lot of fun, especially after decades of mostly dealing with women and jewelry.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very nice, I like it, I think the placement of the gemstone fits. I think a black stone would look really good with that design too.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Ha, I might be interested in the future, currently broke. Between my Cat-astrophe and my car being in the shop, my TAD and PAD has been violently curbed, so grateful for a healthy cellar.

My website is very neglected, as I have been doing most of my sales out of my B&M or one of the galleries that are willing to host my work. But, if you'll forgive how old it is, this is my website, and this is my etsy. However, all of my designs for men are commissioned, so I don't usually post them.
I did just finish a banding job last night. Here is a ruby set into a sterling silver band for a piece of very antique French briar that I wanted to dress up for my own use. I figured a jeweler should have a pipe that has his favorite stone. I was going for sort of a dripping wax look. I have another that I am still working on for a local pipe smoker that is from the same lot of antique French briars, but I am waiting on a local pipe maker to finish making a stem for it.
Here's mine...
band1.jpg

band2.jpg

band3.jpg

edit -I hope that I am not violating forum rules by posting links without being a sponsor. I was thinking that since I am not in the pipe or tobacco industry... Forgive me if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.