PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, this may be obvious to many of you, but I am smoking my first coin courtesy of one of my Forums brothers, and I find that you get a nice smoke that progresses through several tampings as you refresh the burn. But then if you dust out the white ash on the top, and dig out the tamped down coin tobacco underneath, you start all over with a new bowl -- well not quite, but it freshens the bowl and the blend goes on from there almost as if re-packed with fresh tobacco. I've noticed this to a lesser extent with flake and plug, but it seems especially true with coin. Anyone else notice this? Or maybe everyone else has.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I find the same thing with my Comoy's Cask No. 7 Single Coin Sliced, but I think I get the same thing from a large bowl of Samuel Gawith Balkan Flake as well.
Happy sipping!

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
My only experience with coin cut has been Escudo.
It's probably the easiest thing for me to load into a pipe because all I do is fold and stuff. A two coin bundle fits perfect in my smallest pipe.
I also find that I get a fine white ash on the burn with smoking it. I get a much better smoke if I keep the ash off of the ember.

Status
Not open for further replies.