PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Greetings. I was wondering if some of you might be able to solve a problem I've been having with another site, Tamp and Puff. I am assuming that many of you are registered on other forums which deal with pipe smoking, so I don't see any 'moral' problem in dealing with another such site.
The problem is that no matter how I try to register at that site - using different user names, e-mail addresses and even computers - I am rejected, with a notice that my 'IP' number has been blacklisted since I'm a 'known spammer!' I can assure you I've never spammed in my life, and that I've registered at several other pipe forums with no problem whatsoever. Has anyone had a similar experience with Tamp and Puff, and/or suggest a solution?

(BTW, their FAQ suggests contacting an administrator, but this cannot be done unless one is already registered - a regular Catch 22!)

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
I have a similar issue at that site. I can post from my laptop via a wireless router over a comcast connection. However, when I try to post using Tapatalk from either my phone or a tablet at home, over the very same wireless router, I get the same message as being blacklisted. Yet when I use the phones browser I can post. The same issue exists when I post from my Nexus 7 tablet. Use a browser and it is fine, using Tapatalk and I get a blacklist message. It makes no sense to me. The only thing I can think of is that I use Tapatalk and their photo hosting when I add a photo and that may somehow track back to my IP.
I like Tapatalk as the photo uploads are a snap, much easier than having another hosting service to think about. But obviously it has its issues.
So, are you using tapatalk to post?

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I guess not, since I have no idea what tapatalk is.Someone also suggested I forward him my IP number for manuevering, but I've been warned that giving out my IP number is a definite no-no.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
write to info@ or admin@ or the PM if the email is published. Tell him you are not a spammer and even suggest you be a member on a trial basis to see your behavior. ie: Tell him you'll put your money where your mouth is.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's a frustrating situation for both site members and forum / web site administrators / owners.
You guys don't see it, but the level of spam is immensely, ridiculously, unrelentingly never-ending. More on that in a new post ... right here ....
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/a-note-about-spammers-amp-site-managment

spyder71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2011
I don't go there for the same reason. They came up in a few searches so I tried to join and was denied, I was too lazy to try any harder. :)

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
Yavuz said:
"Why don't you contact the admin from his email address and tell about the situation ?"
Great idea, but how do I get his e-mail address if I can't log in???
Perhaps Kevin would be kind enough to forward me a relevant e-mail address. Mine is... Edit: available if you send me a PM.
Edit: Please don't post your personal email address in the open Forum. Thanks, L.

Status
Not open for further replies.