PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Where can I get a "stick" of Tambolaka? I have wanted to enjoy the whole process for a while now... unwrap, unwrap, slice, chop, load, smoke, spin... 8O

Another current thread re-upped my interest in this tobacco. Has anyone here actually ever seen this stuff in person? Where? When? how much?

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks for the link. I called 4noggins and learned several things. They are the only ones to import Tambolaka to the U.S. They only import the shredded Tambolaka. Seems none of their customers want to go through the ritual of preparing a bowl from stick Tambolaka. They are also sold out at the moment but will be getting a large shipment in about 2 weeks. Does anyone outside the U.S. know of a place that sells the stick Tambolaka? I have a feeling that I may not even like Tambolaka but I enjoy the trip just as much as the destination and will keep searching...

Thanks again for the lead.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Well I found it for $15 a stick plus $22 shipping to the U.S. Still contemplating... Group buy...?

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm... Wonder how that works out? Ship to one trusted member and he in return ships to individual buyers? Wonder how much you have to buy to make the purchase worth the savings? I am down for a stick or 3 if it happens...

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
I sorta hinted around about ordering a stick or 2 and he said he has to buy in bulk. Sounded like he only wanted to order the shreds. I signed up at TNT to order direct. Will inquire about volume discount. Heck if there is enough interest maybe Rich would stock up on sticks?

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Metarzan... I have some (not a stick) in my cellar that I'd be happy to gift you, if you're located in the United States. I was giving to me as a Secret Santa gift. I tried it and can honestly say that it is the first tobacco, cigar or pipe that I just couldn't handle. PM me your contact info and I'll mail it to you next week, if you’re interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.