PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I live in eastern NC and in the summer it gets hot, but this is crazy, the Temp is 102 degrees and rising, the heat index is 110. I can put up with some heat but this outrageous. Anyone had it this hot lately? staying cool in eastern NC. :crying:

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Here in Central Texas we've been blasted with heat. Unfortunately on the record hottest day of the year, the power in my house went out for 9 hours. The heat was enough to cause some kind of equipment failure down the street. After surviving that night at home, the heat surprisingly doesn't bother as much!

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I know in TX and Al and other southern states it gets hotter there, we just aren't use to it being quite this hot and yes I'm whining, SO! LoL. :puffy:

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
Being from New Jersey I'll take the heat over shoveling 6-8 inches of snow any day.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Being from New Jersey I'll take the heat over shoveling 6-8 inches of snow any day.

Not me. I HATE the heat w/ humidity more than anything! I love me my cold weather. Snow? Not so much as it means I smoke less, but Autumn is my favorite. I can get a fire going in my chimnea and enjoy the cool air with a pipe.
It's hot and humid here and I have a family bash to go to all day tomorrow. It'll be kinda crummy, but at least there will be lots frosty beverages to imbibe in...
-Jason

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
It was 108 here in Southern Indiana! I'm Irish through and through give me a 45 degree overcast day and I'm happy! I hated Afghanistan 135+ was normal in summer!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I hated Afghanistan 135+ was normal in summer!

Which is one MORE reason why I'm grateful for your service. 135? I'd die of heat stroke. I couldn't get naked enough to stay cool. To make matters worse, your sweat evaporates before it can sufficiently cool you down. Nope. Couldn't do it.
-Jason

lab1dobie

Might Stick Around
Mar 11, 2012
104 here in Louisville today. Going to be just as hot tomorrow. It's supposed to get in the low 90's later in the week! Will be in Dallas later in July and I know how hot that will be.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
Well, we got to 102* with a heat index of 109* here in Cheviot, and then the power went out, for 8 1/2 hours. I was surprised that my apartment never got above 85*, although without my floor fan, it did get a bit humid and close. I guess my refusal to use the window A/C, which isn't very effective, has conditioned me to the heat and humidity a bit.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I saw this on my car temp gauge yesterday in Northern VA (DC area). Whew, highest reading I've ever seen on a car gauge. 102 in my MD town. We had the whole neighborhood over last night in the pool and for dinner, we love these warm days. Water at 90 degrees, just the way I like it. A big storm blew thru at 10 PM and temps dropped to 71 degrees. Wondeful here this AM (I'm on the patio smoking a Tinsky). I usually switch over the VA-pers during these super hot days and save my lat-heavy blends for cooler temps.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Think we had a cool front here on the bayou, was only 96 yesterday, lol. Good for drying the wet tobaccos...

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
It was 112 Yesterday at Big Spring Mo about 7 miles north of me but only 108 here on the bank of

yhe Mo river...supposed to be a lot cooler today...only 104.
I sure do miss Alaska.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I know a lot of places are going to be hotter than here today.

So, I just used the NOAA Heat Index Calculator and this is the verdict for our predicted high today.
106 Degrees F.(Forecast High) 43% Humidity(Current) = "Feels like" 127.8 Degrees F.

Think I'll smoke a bowl.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
The T-Shirt you need:
LucusandOscar001.jpg

Replacement smoke:

Smokekit2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.