PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebag

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2013
So, I was looking through a bunch of random pipes and everything and came through the Talbert Goblin, at least that's who I think the maker was. And the design just screams to me. Like I can see a goblin actually smoking this stuff and I think it would be a very very interesting piece to add to my collection. I'm just wanting to know if anyone out there has actually smoked or even owned one of these unique pieces and if so what was your opinion of it?
I did a search and just didn't find anything to actually say about it, but I am kinda new on searching for this forum.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have never smoked one but I too have lusted after them. Where did you find them for sale?

ebag

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2013
That's actually not a bad idea to commission one. Though, I would definitely have to save up some money first. I don't make that much, but I definitely love the idea to own a custom made pipe.
I saw a couple of ebay, but they were all out of my price range. And, of course, that site. But when I first started looking they weren't ALL sold out. haha

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Trever's Goblins have been on my radar for quite a while. They're pretty rare on eBay. They're stained green on black, so as they wear you get black underlights. If you get on his email list you'll have a heads up when one comes up for sale. I don't have have one, but I do have a few of his Ligne Bretagnes. And they are not only affordable at under $150, but are absolutely great smokers. Like many artisan pipes, Trever's have a very open bore, and do not collect moisture, and offer the smoker a very smooth, cool smoke. Check out his cartoons too. He's got a dark sense of Lovecraftian wit that fits perfectly with his Goblin creations.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
The Goblins and the Ligne Bretagnes are two separate lines of Talbert pipes. Priced accordingly. Recently however Trever has posted LBs stained green. Like this one:
http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/1314lb.shtml

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
They aren't my bag, but I really appreciate the artistry involved. As far as theme pipes go, these are some of the coolest ones I've seen!

ebag

Might Stick Around
Feb 16, 2013
Does anyone have a way to reach him in regards to a commission piece? I was looking through the site and couldn't find anything.
I'm definitely interested in getting one of these pipes. I think, right now at least, it's one of those pipes that would just be perfect for me.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I promised myself I would stop lusting after pipes but those goblin designs are outstanding. Thanks for bringing something else I don't need to my list of desires.
Just for that here is their contact link from the website. Contact link

Status
Not open for further replies.