Tags:  No tags yet. 
[closed]

Taking a Break my Friends

(94 posts)
  1. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just letting you all know that I will be taking a break from this forum for awhile. I will still check in once in awhile but will most likely not be posting much at all anymore.
    I am active on a couple of other forums both pipe and cigar related with the same member name of 05venturer and if you want to reach me my email is venturer2005@gmail.com

As i said I do not plan to completely leave this forum but will most likely not be very active.
    Happy Puffing my friends.

Kent

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. mrjerke

JJ Pipes

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Come back soon Kent. Hopefully the Box Pass thread didn't get to ya.

Jordan

"The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." - Marjorie Pay Hinckley
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is this part where we beg you to stay?

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Are you salty about the box pass? Sorry for that, I know it is frustrating. Seems to happen once per year that the box pass gets interrupted.

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. ithelouniverse

ithelouniverse

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Box pass?

Like a swingers party?

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. spartan

Spartan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

How do you get 'sex with strangers' from 'box pass'?

"I was born to lose. So I'll die to win." -Breaking Benjamin
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. pylorns

pylorns

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yeah you know the rules about box pass...

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

How do you get 'sex with strangers' from 'box pass'?

Well, first you have to add the New Box Pass Thread to your favorites, then...

Posted 5 years ago #
  9. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

took a 6 month break myself last year...good for you.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

When a member of this forum says that he will be leaving, but will be active on other forums, it means that something happened here on this forum that turned him off. Anyone have an idea what it might be?

Eric
    Posted 5 years ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

StarCat!

Posted 5 years ago #
  12. zekest

zekest

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Often folks leave a forum, only to return under a female name & avatar to get more attention.

Seen it happen.

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear it 05 - hope to see you here again.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zekest, you said you'd never share our secret.....

Posted 5 years ago #
  15. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Is this part where we beg you to stay?

Often folks leave a forum, only to return under a female name & avatar to get more attention.

Partly the box pass, partly assholes like this. Anyone that really knows me knows I could care less if anyone "begs" me to stay or thinks I need attention.

C Ya

Posted 5 years ago #
  16. cobguy

cobguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry to see you departing.

However, both of those quotes were attempts at humor ... I'm 90% sure!

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry that you found that offensive....

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. ocpsdan

Dan

Login to Send PM

I don't blame him. I'm sick and tired of trolls on this forum.

Posted 5 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The original post was to tell buddies that he was going to be gone for awhile so threads don't have to be started about "Has anyone heard from____?"

I certainly didn't take it as a request for disingenuous psychoanalysis.

Posted 5 years ago #
  20. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm sick and tired of trolls on this forum.

Please explain, as I was under the impression trolls are make believe.

Posted 5 years ago #
  21. ocpsdan

Dan

Login to Send PM

@andrew http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet) Copy and paste into browser. For some reason the link isn't working properly.

Posted 5 years ago #
  22. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awe,

Posted 5 years ago #
  23. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't blame him. I'm sick and tired of trolls on this forum.

So...are you offended?

Posted 5 years ago #
  24. 05venturer

05venturer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Love the way people are showing their true colors. I was starting to regret my post about assholes but I guess I was right after I came back and read a few more replies.

Posted 5 years ago #
  25. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dude, I thought you were leaving.

Posted 5 years ago #
  26. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dude, I thought you were leaving.

Woodsroad, I know you are trying to be funny, but I certainly do not understand your kind of humor.

Posted 5 years ago #
  27. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+100 Chris

This forum is and has become a brotherhood for may of us, and for any one member to torment another is just BAD FORM! (with of coarse the exception of the infamous starcat posting).

05- Although we have never had any personal discussions, you shall be missed! Maybe just take a small break, as the trolls have a way of going back under their bridges after awhile.

John
    Posted 5 years ago #
  28. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Vaya con Dios.

I learned a loooooong time ago to ignore the trolls. Although, if they hang around it's sometimes fun to feed 'em, egg 'em on a bit as it were.

I also do not read and then reread threads that irritate me. Forums are made up of many different opinions and viewpoints. If one gets too proprietary and develops an unwarranted sense of ownership with a forum . . . disappointment will surely follow. Forums evolve as the members change and the median age changes. Indeed, at times its good to move on or take a break. This is especially true when a forum morphs into something that makes one uncomfortable.

I would never try and understand Woodsroad. You either get it or, you don't. I enjoy the young Carlin, but as he aged he got lazy, or maybe he simply lost his muse, and he quit being cerebral and went with easy. Newhart never lost his way but, not everyone got him. What tickles my funny bone is most definitely wry humor. Woodsroad is good with the snappy retort. Some will interpret that as cold or unfeeling. Rickles gets old in a hurry but, he is really funny in small doses. Steve Allen was never not funny in my opinion. Poundstone is hardly ever funny. Again, I am expressing only my opinion. I would never try and tell someone what is funny and what's not.

No-one should try and go through life never being offended. If you only read what you like, listen to only to those you agree with, or ignore the millions of people who do not see the world your way, well . . . you will lead a very safe and a very dull life.

My humor runs to word play, the cynical and arcane. (As a retired cop my humor can also be very offensive, I try and curb that, using it only with other people who have witnessed man at his worst. They are the only people who would understand and appreciate it.) Some like that type of humor and others move on to a different circle of friends.

I never care if I disgruntle someone. Gruntled people are boring. smug, usually overly concerned with self and, I find them quite humorless. Besides I, myself am never gruntled all the time. Sometimes I get very disgruntled and have to spend time regruntling myself. If you have ever tried to attain the seate of "gruntled" you know that it worth the time and effort.

A man without a shillelagh is a man without an expedient.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  29. latbomber

latbomber

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

With the amount that some people get offended by sarcasm on this forum, I REALLY hope they don't go anywhere else on the internet!!

Posted 5 years ago #
  30. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Warren

I agree with much of what you have written, except that the general tone of this forum is one of helpful friendliness, with occasional humored barbs at one another. The barbs, so far in my over a year on this forum, all seem to be good natured, not mean spirited as I'm finding them now.

There is a difference.

Allan
    Posted 5 years ago #
  31. brdavidson

brdavidson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Latbomber, while that may be true, this forum has definitely had a significant change in tone of late and in my humble opinion not for the better. Less pipe talk, more barbs and some rather questionable comments. I hope things settle down and we concentrate again on pipes and tobacco.

Posted 5 years ago #
  32. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Allen
    Brdavidson

Well said gentlemen

Posted 5 years ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Some people should really think before they put their fingers on the keyboard. And some should really consider abstaining themselves from saying anything under such circumstances.

venturer, whatever your reasons, fair winds and following seas, mate.

Posted 5 years ago #
  34. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

venturer, whatever your reasons, fair winds and following seas, mate. [:-)]

Good luck and you will be missed.

Posted 5 years ago #
  35. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Latbomber, while that may be true, this forum has definitely had a significant change in tone of late and in my humble opinion not for the better. Less pipe talk, more barbs and some rather questionable comments. I hope things settle down and we concentrate again on pipes and tobacco."

I couldn't agree more, BR. If I want to watch wacky videos, I'll go to YouTube. If I want to hear about someone's personal life, I'll talk with a close friend or family member. Personally I come here to discuss pipes and tobacco, and for everything else there's real life.

05 I can understand your frustration. Don't let the kids bother you.

Posted 5 years ago #
  36. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"Latbomber, while that may be true, this forum has definitely had a significant change in tone of late and in my humble opinion not for the better. Less pipe talk, more barbs and some rather questionable comments. I hope things settle down and we concentrate again on pipes and tobacco."

I couldn't agree more, BR. If I want to watch wacky videos, I'll go to YouTube. If I want to hear about someone's personal life, I'll talk with a close friend or family member. Personally I come here to discuss pipes and tobacco, and for everything else there's real life.

05 I can understand your frustration. Don't let the kids bother you.

Exactly.

Open roads, Venturer.

-- Pat

Posted 5 years ago #
  37. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Allan: Well stated. If its malicious, its not humor.

However, if the forum is looking for new members then all of us, and I'm a fairly new member myself, need to accept that as the forum gains new members, it also gains new insight, new perspectives, and now and then someone who doesn't quite fit the profile that many members would appreciate. Perhaps, if they are unacceptable they could be ostracized, black balled, as it were and stripped of their membership.

I had a friend, he was a Texan, that many of my friends just couldn't abide. He was typical Texan, brusque and short tempered. He also had a heart of gold and would drop everything to help someone, even a stranger.

Friends would ask how I could tolerate Jim. I responded that he was what he was and that he had enough strengths to warrant accepting his warts. A truer and more exasperating a friend you couldn't have.

My suggestion is that if you find a thread you don't like, that takes a devious turn, or that you are uncomfortable with, do not continue to read it. And, most definitely do not revisit it. If someone posts an opinion you disagree with, argue your point politely and well. If you are uncomfortable with a person's sense of humor you have a couple of choices; don't read their posts, gently upbraid them, or point them out to the moderators as unacceptable to your sense of propriety.

My mother, rest her soul, used to tell me that the world revolved around me. I think I was in my forties when I realized that it didn't. Some learn that lesson earlier in life, some later. I still like to believe that it does, but I know in heart that it really doesn't. Now it revolves around my wife.

Posted 5 years ago #
  38. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think part of the problem is that when typing you have to choose words VERY carefully, as some things don't come across the way they might verbally. Tones and facial expressions are lost. I personally like the WACKY videos as they break up some of the routine posts, and I would be willing to bet for many of us this forum may be "THE SOCIAL MEDIA" site we choose. So I like seeing the kids,dogs,etc.. But again that's just me.

Posted 5 years ago #
  39. cobguy

cobguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I want to watch wacky videos, I'll go to YouTube. If I want to hear about someone's personal life, I'll talk with a close friend or family member. Personally I come here to discuss pipes and tobacco, and for everything else there's real life.

Just a small addition here ...

Yes, it is a pipe and tobacco forum.
    That means that all the members have this interest in common.
    However, it's not our only interest and we have a very diverse group.
    If all we ever talked about with each other was pipes and tobacco that would get boring quickly.

Personally, I DO want to hear about fellow members' lifes and either rejoice or sympathize with them.
    For example, 05Venturer posted pics of his motorcycle awhile back ... happens to be my favorite bike!
    We occasionally have a member who is sick or has ailing family members as well.
    The support and well wishes from this community always seem very well received and appreciated.

All I'm saying is, we ARE a COMMUNITY ... not just a pipe club.
    Best wishes to all!

Posted 5 years ago #
  40. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't understand, so what you guys are saying essentially is that trolls are real and they use computers and post on this pipe forum? I'm intrigued by still confused.

Posted 5 years ago #
  41. romeowood

romeowood

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All I'm saying is, we ARE a COMMUNITY ... not just a pipe club.

There you have it.

Posted 5 years ago #
  42. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I understand where you are coming from Kent. This forum used to have the reputation of being welcoming and helpful. Now it's becoming a place where we try to run off members like you and starcat. Too bad that it's being ignored by the powers that be.

Now woodsroad is going to try, and fail again, to say something clever.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  43. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ah, but is it a closed community? A gated community? I like, indeed revere my pipes. I've learned more about tobacco in the past few months than I learned in 50 plus years of smoking. I've also thoroughly enjoyed the banter, lighthearted and otherwise.

That said, I'm not thin skinned, a copper you know, and I try to be tolerant. I respect Kevin's right to tolerate whom he wishes on this site and will refrain from second guessing his judgement and that of the mods.

A community indeed! I've not been to a community where everyone thought the same, had the same sense of humor, same taste in music, tobacco, or any number of other things. And, I've lived in Russia for extended periods of time. It's diversity (to use a favorite term of the, rather intolerant, PC crowd) that makes life fun, amusing, interesting, and life-like. An entire world of same thinking individuals would be boring indeed!

This isn't a club with a secret handshake and arcane rituals that are required for membership. It's Kevin's site. I think he is a fairly open minded, tolerant individual and how he operates this site should not be disparaged. If you have a criticism, man up and send him a personal message. And, if you must criticize, give some thought to providing him with solutions to the problems you perceive to exist.

I don't want to come across as preaching but, I always told my subordinates not to come into my office with a complaint unless the had a solution to present at the same time.

Posted 5 years ago #
  44. skapunk1

skapunk1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Your plight in not coming across as preachy is an ultimate fail. Every post is like an essay.

Its just a matter of respect. Buddy's havin a hard time here, and we put his issues under a microscope.

Wanna joke? Just put a JK at the end for just kidding. Emotions rarely come across well in print

There's a time and a place. Try and think.

Warren.

Warren
    Posted 5 years ago #
  45. skapunk1

skapunk1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you have a thoery on how we all should be thinking, start a blog. You can read it to yourself everyday.

We'll stick to furthering our hobby.

Posted 5 years ago #
  46. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you have to tell someone that you told a joke, it wasn't much of a joke. Or, maybe it was over their head and they were not the intended audience.

Skapunk1: I appreciate the admonition and criticism. In deference to you I will try to be pithier, more succinct, more direct and to the point, even terser and more concise, less wordy, and even less verbose in the future.

Posted 5 years ago #
  47. skapunk1

skapunk1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

*slams head with dictionary*....

Posted 5 years ago #
  48. lucky695

lucky695

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

feel free to hurt my feeling (singular)... I have had good and bad interactions with people here...just like real life. Imagine that! Sometimes I'm the A$$hole sometimes I'm not...just like real life. Not everyone is going to value your input, just as you do not values everyone else's. But to take your ball and go home seems odd to me, that's part of the allure to me. How dull a world without opinions would be. There's no magical forum out there void of assholes and controversy. I perhaps agree with Davidson that the tone has darkened of late but I still enjoy coming here. For every ass clown there are at least 5 people who genuinely want to learn and teach and share what they know about pipes. Honestly best of luck finding forum nirvana.

"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis
    Posted 5 years ago #
  49. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

iPhones, computers, iPads, facetime, social networks, email, TM's, PM's, IM's, etc...
    You know, with all of the things that we have built to separate ourselves in the name of coming together, some people may go all day without ever speaking to another person. I used to set at a workbench with headphones for 8-10 hours, and no one was at home waiting to hear about my day. I remember actually looking forward to going grocery shopping, just to be able to interact with someone in the check out line. Of course, now that I have two teenage daughters, I long for those days of solitude, but for some, online forums might just be their only form of reaching out beyond just paying for a candy bar.

Joking is great. Some of you guys have a gift for cracking me up, but some forms of humor pits someone as the butt of the joking, and while, yes, forums are full of different types of characters. Use at your own risk, yes, but we don't exactly have to stomp on someone else's thin ice. This just may be their outlet for socialization.

Michael
    Posted 5 years ago #
  50. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Warren- We do have a secret handshake, but we can't tell you it till you are purple! JK!....Or am I?

Posted 5 years ago #
  51. allan

allan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure that 'thin skinned' is the correct way to put this situation. Maybe now that I'm older, I try to think more about what I write can affect others; as Drwatson said, facial expressions are important in communication. What may hysterically funny when one on one may come off as rude and harsh on the printed page. I liken it to a boorish individual who pushes ahead in line, or someone who flies in the face of some other socially excepted 'norm'. I'm not talking about being 'PC', heavens no. But there are some simple rules that I thought this forum had, other than capitalizing letters in a new thread.

I'm guessing that some members have read the back and forth between Peck and Cigrmaster and not discerned the difference between actual good natured banter and being outright insulting.

Posted 5 years ago #
  52. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Dr: I presume that holding my breath until I turn purple will not speed my attainmant of that lofty goal. Does the handshake involve the one's middle finger and palm of an other's hand? Just askin!

Posted 5 years ago #
  53. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

05..hope to see you again.
    What is a box pass though?

Posted 5 years ago #
  54. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Instymp: a "box pass" is where grown men behave like 9 year olds.

For the gracious administrator, I imagine it is both a headache and a labor of love for the hobby and its participants.

Posted 5 years ago #
  55. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What I find amusing is that the easily offended are often the first to resort to profanity and ad hominems. While I may have inferred that someone here was wearing his offended state on his sleeve, not once did I hurl insults or invectives his way. Now, perhaps I am misunderstanding this secret code of conduct. Perhaps I'm not supposed to take notice when someone's misplaced attitude of entitlement causes them to be so hurt that they have to loudly announce their departure, then wait around for pleas and plaudits. Am I the only one who sees this as amusingly childish? Now please don't find this offensive, but perhaps those amongst us who are easily bruised, dented, spindled or mutilated, who have a deficit of humor, irony, pathos, pun, parody, hyperbole or satire need to draw up a code of conduct for the rest of us who simply live our lives as emotional Neanderthals. Yes, please tell us what we need to do and tell us exactly how we should go about it, so that we never have to go down this road of pain again. And please be specific, we're a little slow, don't you know.

Posted 5 years ago #
  56. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

+1 Woodsroad

Posted 5 years ago #
  57. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Perhaps I'm not supposed to take notice when someone's misplaced attitude of entitlement causes them to be so hurt that they have to loudly announce their departure, then wait around for pleas and plaudits. Am I the only one who sees this as amusingly childish?

I just re-read the original post, what I take away from the OP is a simple reach out to let folks know that he won't be active for a while, and to provide a way for folks to stay in touch with him if they want. I didn't read any "misplaced attitude of entitlement" in the original post.

"Is this part where we beg you to stay?" -- That post, however, DOES, resemble a misplaced attitude of entitlement. Why you felt the need to hijack a fellow forum member's thread to throw a sarcastic barb is hard for me to understand. I also don't understand your desire to continue to antagonize when it became clear, through subsequent posts, that the OP found this offensive. You have made it clear that you'll be who you are. I just want you to know that your perspective isn't the only one out there.

$0.05 in the bucket.

-- Pat

Posted 5 years ago #
  58. sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings

Login to Send PM

+1 with Pat

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

It is pointless to argue with a fanatic since a dim bulb can't be converted into a searchlight. - Jesse Silver
    Posted 5 years ago #
  59. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pruss, his thread is a continuation of the box pass thread. There's a bit of history. To my small mind, the OP was quite disturbed that he wasn't getting what he was due, then decided to leave the forum. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he's leaving for other reasons. Maybe it's a bad assumption on my part. Maybe not. So, yes, if you are just looking at the first post here, I can easily see your point. I also understand that not everyone sees things the way that I do. Few people, in fact, see things as I do. I like that, but I recognize that there are people who do not. That's OK, too. Butting heads over this isn't going to change minds.

Maybe y'all should re-read what exactly I've said here. I've been the least verbose (prior to these two missives) of almost anyone.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: 05, Sorry that you found that offensive....

Posted 5 years ago #
  60. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Woodsroad: I was about to point out that this entire thread was triggered by the other thread. And, I might, at the risk of pontificating and being verbose, point at that when a problem with the box was identified a couple of involved members took the posture of trying to solve the problem, or at least attempt to mitigate the frustrations. My kind of folks!

It does scare me a little that I tend to see things the way you do. (We need a wry face emoticon!)

"Let's quit complaining and see if we can fix this!" Is an attitude I highly esteem.

As an aside, I hardly think that this is the thread to bring up hominems. We are all the same under the skin. Now, let's all try and get along. Can't we just . . . just . . . get along!

Posted 5 years ago #
  61. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Woodsroad, let's chat about this statement, "Sorry you found that offensive... "

Which is not the same as, "I am sorry I offended you," or, "Dude, I was being sarcastic, I'm sorry that I made you angry." In your statement you place the emphasis on him being offended not on your own statement being offensive. This to suggest that, as with your earlier statements and posts in this thread , you're really not posting in this thread to relate to the
    OP and his post, but to insert yourself in antagonistic way either for cheap shots or sarcastic jabs, or for laughs at someone else's expense (except for your last couple posts which read like a defence of your earlier barbs).

This isn't the "Box Pass" thread, this is the "Taking a Break My Friends" thread. Why you felt the need to take shots at 05venturer here is known only to you. Why you choose to defend your attitude and your posts is also your prerogative. I just think both are offside.

-- Pat

Posted 5 years ago #
  62. woodsroad

woodsroad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pruss, I'm not sure what you don't understand about "Sorry". I've been straight up. You may postulate all you wish about my motives, parse my statements, deconstruct and demagog, I suppose you enjoy that, but you are wrong.

Posted 5 years ago #
  63. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't have a horse in this race, but Pat is right. "Sorry you found that offensive" is not an apology. If you're going to apologize you say, "I was wrong, I'm sorry and won't do it again." If you can't say that, then don't bother with half-measures.

Posted 5 years ago #
  64. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"I suppose you enjoy that," just another incorrect assumption from you Woodsroad.

I was simply pointing out that your posts in this thread were unnecessarily antagonistic and sarcastic.

-- Pat

Posted 5 years ago #
  65. User has not uploaded an avatar

rmason

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Kent, I'm sorry this happened to you, and even more sorry to see you go for a while. You have been a great contributor to this forum.
    ~Ron

Ron
    Posted 5 years ago #
  66. warren

warren

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pruss: The two threads are intrinsically joined. In defense of woodsroad, and he is perfectly capable of defending himself, one simply can't separate the two threads as the "Box" and the SNAFU with the box, resulted in histrionics which I think irritated more than a couple of members. The resulting, "Taking a Break" thread triggered some responses which, while no doubt upsetting to the OP, were certainly not out of line. Uncalled for? Perhaps? Unwarranted? I think woodsroad simply responded to an itch that needed scratching. But, the situation certainly does not necessitate chastisement from others uninolved in the little ado.

Let's let the mods do the policing. If you perceive a problem or violation of the rules, bring the problem to the mods attention and get a "ruling on the field." So far, no flag, no foul.

Posted 5 years ago #
  67. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pat, you're right on as usual.

Posted 5 years ago #
  68. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Warren, I'm not kidding myself about policing the forum. It ain't my bag, and I'm not interested. I do think that I'm entitled to share my opinion, which is all I'm doing. I like your comment above, "Can't we all get along?" Wouldn't that be nice? I'm guessing it would be easier if folks avoided taking cheap shots at each other.

-- Pat

Posted 5 years ago #
  69. pruss

pruss

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Damned ipad double post.

Posted 5 years ago #
  70. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The two posts are inextricably entwined. To get the full flavor and context both sections should be read.

The OP of this thread was already pissed and IMHO was looking for more. He was the one who referred to others members as Assholes. I had to read the thread three times to try and figure out who he was pissed at. I think he was just pissed.

He might be the salt of the earth but letting go is necessary and cooling off in order.

Posted 5 years ago #

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   oldgeezersmoker, philobeddoe, ebnash, cossackjack, alaskanpiper