PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deatobacco

Lurker
Apr 23, 2016
I'm really new to pipe smoking, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. One thing I have already experienced, though, is TAD (Tobacco Acquisition Disease), and I've gone through a few buying sprees trying to fatten up my small cellar with quality tobacco. I recently went to one of my local tobacconists and noticed a tin of Christmas Cheer on the shelf. I was really surprised to even see it there, given that I thought it had likely all been bought up everywhere already. A little voice inside my head urged me to buy it then (I love Virginias), but in a rare moment of restraint (or perhaps sanity, or insanity depending on how you look at it), I didn't. Well, I couldn't stop thinking about that lovely red tin of Christmas Cheer, so today I went back to the store today, and to my delight, it was still there! It's now in my cellar, along with some other goodies I found:
Gawith Scottish Autumn

McClelland 1997-2010 Anniversary Blend

McClelland Drama Reserve

McClelland Classic Samsun

GL Pease Temple Bar

GL Pease Regents Flake
I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of these blends. As you can probably surmise, I do tend to gravitate toward Virginias and Orientals.
Finally, I noticed that there were several McClelland Oriental blends and other tins from the Grand Orientals series that had some age on them (6-8 years). I'm curious if these have simply been overlooked, or whether they're just not as well liked. I may do some research and return to claim those little gems at a later date!
Thanks!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Nice haul! It's more of a disorder than a disease, don't ya think?
Sounds like you've got a great tobacconist where you live. Where do ya live? If ya don't mind my askin'?

deatobacco

Lurker
Apr 23, 2016
Disorder certainly sounds better. :D
I live in Northern Virginia. There are several good tobacconists in the area, and I have yet to visit all of them. It's a lot of fun to browse the pipes and tobacco selections they have. So far, the ones I've visited have been super helpful and friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.