PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My trip to Boston is off to a great start!
I've had delicious espressos at five different cafes, enjoyed local IPAs at two different pubs, and have had a small attack of TAD to top off the day with my visit this afternoon to L.J. Peretti.
After a couple trial puffs I am coming home with these:
IMG-20130408-00226_zpsd69c9802.jpg

The Cambridge Flake is RIGHT up my alley and I love this tobacco. The Oriental No. 40 is a completely different animal to what I've smoked til now... I think this is going to take some adjustment, but that's cool. I am enjoying the complexity and peppery nature of this smoke.
If only I could bring more tobacco home with me...
-- Pat

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Pruss, glad to hear you're having a good time visiting Boston.
I agree with rothtnh on the quality of Peretti's blends.
They describe Oriental No. 40 as being made entirely of tobaccos from the Near East, wich arouses my interest. I'll have to get some the next time I order from them.
Since you are limited in the amount of tobacco you can bring over the border can you have other people you with bring some back?

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Peretti's Royal Blend, Omega and Tashkant are amazing. Simply among the best blends available. I am surprised more isn't posted about Peretti's excellent blends. One thing I really like is that all their blends are at the perfect humidity to smoke right away. No drying needed.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Since you are limited in the amount of tobacco you can bring over the border can you have other people you with bring some back?
Heya john218. That would be ideal, but I'm travelling solo. While I've put on weight, I don't think I count as two people quite yet. :rofl:
I was really tempted to pick up some Royal Blend or Tashkent, but the Cambridge Flake was superb and the Oriental No. 40 is a real stretch for my taste-buds. So I opted for these two. I may follow up with an online order of Royal Blend after I return to Toronto.
-- Pat

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
The Oriental #40 is the ONLY Oriental blend I have ever smoked comprised of nothing but Oriental tobaccos. It is IMO a great blending tobacco. However it is "over the top" so to speak with an overabundance of this leaf. I do smoke it straight on occasion and find that it is a great blend. You won't find this anywhere other than Peretti's and it will definitely open your palate to what real Oriental tobacco is all about.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have never heard of this tobacconist but if so many of you recommend their hand blends (which seems to be a thing of the past) I will have to give them serious consideration.
Jerry - I just went to their site and the description on the Tashkent sounds mouthwatering to me.

Jul 12, 2011
Peretti blends are outstanding; love their London Flake as well

as Royal and Omega blends :)
I have to get my TAD on and order some more suggested blends

as well ;-)

pauljmjr

Lurker
Sep 8, 2012
As a native Massachusetts resident, I'm blessed to be able to get to Peretti's pretty easily. I agree that they blend some of the best blends out there. But beyond that, any pipe smoker would really appreciate a visit there. It's like stepping back in time - really a great place to experience an old-time tobacconist. Don't be put off if the salesmen seem a bit brisk, which they occasionally do. Once you start talking pipes and tobacco, they'll really be vey helpful. Just don't ask then for their blend recipes, which happens a lot there. All in all, a must see spot for any pipe (or cigar) smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.