PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Just got a bonus and I'm planning on putting in a big tobacco order. Should be 25 tins total. Ordering some old faves for the cellar but also planning to try some new blends. I'll tell you about my prccess. I don't always have much extra funds, slowily building my cellar when I can. I went to SP and read through all of the flakes that they offer that I haven't tried yet, made a list, wrote down price points of blends that looked appealing. Then went to tobaccoreviews and read enough to get a feel for the various blends and made my selections from there. What do you guys think about the following. I'm mainly interested in flakes and I smoke mostly Brigaid Campaign, Escudo, CVP and the like.
McClelland Matured Virginia Navy Cavendish

McClelland Dark Star

McClelland St. James Woods

GL Pease Fillmore

Solani Aged Burley Flake

Solani Virginia Flake
And I'm ordering some old favorites.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't think you can go wrong with any of it. I'd go for the burley flake first, but St. James Woods...

any of it. GLP of course.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
McClelland St. James Woods is one of my favorite VaPer's and Dark Star is awesome.
The Aged Burley Flake is one of the nicest Burley's out there IMHO.
Some very fine selections indeed! :clap:

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
McC's St. James Woods is probably my favorite VaPer, however any of the McC's flakes you have to open the tin and then let it sit with the lid on for the longer the better, or you'll get a very underwhelming smoke. So I'd suggest popping a McC's that you want to try, let it sit for at least 2 weeks, a month is better, and the breathing process transforms it. So open a McC's and something to smoke right off the bat.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Let the Fillmore sit on the shelf for a while and ripen. Pop the Solani Burley but make sure a couch is near by.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Be sure to check out the selection at BnB Tobacco. Although they do not have McClelland,they do have a Groupon going for 1/2 off all the other brands that they carry. Save even more if you can wrangle a few additional people in on the deal. I went in on a Groupon with a few other folks here and got $100 credit for $33. Shipping was very reasonable, and they shipped the same day. One tin that arrived from BnB was the discontinued C&D Longevity II, dated 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.